Free expat national park passes

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Free expat national park passes

Post by joelle »

TAT teams up with TRUE-DTAC & DNP, boosting Thai tourism with free park passes
https://www.nationthailand.com/blogs/th ... l/40034510

Register on the website: expatprivileges.com

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT.) has collaborated with TRUE – DTAC and the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants to launch a campaign named “Amazing Thailand Expat Privilege”, offering a free pass to national parks and up to 80% discount for establishment over Thailand.

Nowadays, a large number of foreigners have settled down as a remote worker in many countries. Thailand is one of the great choices for business investment, making a living, and residence, due to various factors, for example, reasonable cost of living, amazing quality of life, etc. For that reason, many foreigners decide to become Expat in Thailand. Based on the latest data (August 2023) by the Department of Labor, about 2.15 million expats live in Thailand; including immigrants who build a family, remote workers who move to the country after the expansion of overseas business, long-stay travellers, and foreign tourists.

The campaign offers up to 80% discount from more than 200 establishments in Thailand. The privileges cover a variety of categories, for example, River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort, Cocoa Valley Resort, Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort for accommodation; Somtum Villa, Chaophraya Cruise, De Riva Ayothaya for restaurant; Oasis Spa, Abhaibhubejhr Dayspa, Kiri Tara Spa & Massage for health & wellness; Treasure Hill Golf & Country Club, Black Mountain Water Park, Siam Niramit Phuket for activity; Central Department Store, Robinson Department Store for shopping etc.

"Amazing Thailand Expat Privilege” has collaborated with True Corporation Public Company Limited or TRUE – DTAC to promote the campaign and enable a channel to directly communicate with the Expat group, by focusing on the Expat group who is a customer of TRUE – DTAC which amounts to 1.2 million people (54%). Most of them come from China, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, and Southeast Asia; all of which are considered countries with high purchasing power.

Moreover, the campaign has collaborated with the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants to gift a special privilege of 10,000 free passes for the national parks in Thailand, to support ecotourism and promote natural tourist attractions in Thailand; for example, Khao Yai National Park, Doi Suthep – Pui National Park, Mu Ko Chang National Park, Khao Sok National Park, etc. The free pass will be available from December 2023 to February 2024. Apart from that, the campaign also offers 500-baht gift vouchers for the Bangchak Gas Station.

Register on the website: expatprivileges.com for the privileges and more information about the campaign. Enjoy travelling in Thailand during the year's end and the beginning of the next year, safely and worth your money. Redeem and use the special deals from now on until 29 February 2024, by registering on the website to get your preferred discounts. After that, show the redeemed Promo Code along with your passport at the designated establishment. The conditions are as the establishment designated.
buksida

Re: Free expat park passes

Post by buksida »

This shouldn't even be a 'thing'. Expats and long-term residents should be getting into national parks for local prices anyway.

Went to the registration page and gave up when I read this: "I consent to the project to collect, use and/or disclose my personal information." I presume you'd have to upload a copy of your passport and visa to prove expat status, no thanks.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

buksida wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:18 pm This shouldn't even be a 'thing'. Expats and long-term residents should be getting into national parks for local prices anyway.

Went to the registration page and gave up when I read this: "I consent to the project to collect, use and/or disclose my personal information." I presume you'd have to upload a copy of your passport and visa to prove expat status, no thanks.
No just put my email address, a user name and a password and that's it, registered
buksida

Post by buksida »

Good to know. Would also be good to see how you get on and if you can actually get into any national parks for free.

Planning another road trip soon but we usually avoid Thai national parks!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

buksida wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:34 pm Good to know. Would also be good to see how you get on and if you can actually get into any national parks for free.

Planning another road trip soon but we usually avoid Thai national parks!
So do we but thought of Sam Roi Yot when the lotuses are in full bloom
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Free expat national park passes

Post by pitsch »

I made the registration for my son and his wife (they were just visiting me, not expats) for SAMROIYOD Park and they were able to get free entry upon showing their passport. It is important that it is only valid for 24 hours, then you will no longer be able to get a pass for the same park.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

pitsch wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:24 pm I made the registration for my son and his wife (they were just visiting me, not expats) for SAMROIYOD Park and they were able to get free entry upon showing their passport. It is important that it is only valid for 24 hours, then you will no longer be able to get a pass for the same park.
At least it works.
For once something positive is actually done for foreigners even if it is a one time off
:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

“Amazing Thailand Expat Privilege” has collaborated with True Corporation Public Company Limited or TRUE – DTAC to promote the campaign and enable a channel to directly communicate with the Expat group, by focusing on the Expat group who is a customer of TRUE – DTAC which amounts to 1.2 million people (54%). Most of them come from China, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, and Southeast Asia; all of which are considered countries with high purchasing power.
Does this mean you have to be a customer of TRUE - DTAC?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:24 pm
“Amazing Thailand Expat Privilege” has collaborated with True Corporation Public Company Limited or TRUE – DTAC to promote the campaign and enable a channel to directly communicate with the Expat group, by focusing on the Expat group who is a customer of TRUE – DTAC which amounts to 1.2 million people (54%). Most of them come from China, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, and Southeast Asia; all of which are considered countries with high purchasing power.
That's exactly what it says but I suppose a cheap pay as you go SIM card wouldn't cost much.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I find the thought of returning as a True customer more detestable than dual pricing. I'll just avoid both :cuss:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Just register it, apply for the promotion and then chuck it in the bin!
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

No, you must not be a TRUE customer.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:24 pm
No, not at all, anyone can register and benefit of the advantages.
One way of finding out is to try it 😉😊
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I went on to try to register yesterday evening, but such is my mistrust of True, I dropped it like a stone.

I will have a look later today.

Points 48; Position 20