Bangkok with kids

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
migrant
Addict
Addict

Bangkok with kids

Post by migrant »

My daughter and her two kids, 6 and 9 years old, are coming to visit. We will spend some time in BKK for them to decompress. Any suggestions for things to do for the kids is appreciated.

Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Bangkok with kids

Post by caller »

There is an excellent and large aquariam at the very bottom of Siam Paragon Mall, called Siam Ocean World, joined at the hip to Siam BTS. Plenty of info online.

The Erawan Museum is now accessible by BTS. That would include a trip on the skytrain (BTS Chang Erawan, a few minutes walk, or taxi). The main building, under the 3 headed statue, is crazy!
erawan-temple-museum-three-headed-elephant-pink-building.jpg
erawan-temple-museum-three-headed-elephant-pink-building.jpg (218.21 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
Talk is cheap
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

There’s a great snake farm in Lumphini at the Red Cross blood center.

Very cheap to get in, lots of snakes on show and live venom and snake shows daily at 11:00am and 2:00pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's ice skating I think in a couple of the big, fancy shopping malls, but I don't remember which ones?

Also some of those trampoline room places.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

PeteC wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:18 pm There's ice skating I think in a couple of the big, fancy shopping malls, but I don't remember which ones?

Also some of those trampoline room places.
Update on this per daughter. Ice Skating is at Central World, and also in the MEGA mall in Bang Na.

Trampoline is in the EmQuartier, which is across Sukhumvit from the Emporium Mall. I think Soi 24 on the Emporium side.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

PeteC wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:39 pmTrampoline is in the EmQuartier, which is across Sukhumvit from the Emporium Mall. I think Soi 24 on the Emporium side.
35 on the other side. I am in Emquartier there all the time, when in Bkk. They have a few kids activities. Phrom Phong BTS has direct access to both malls. They are also building a walkway to the soon to be opened Emsphere, the 3rd and final mall, which will have an IKEA. The first in central Bkk.
Talk is cheap
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks All!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.