Farm Chokchai

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Farm Chokchai

Post by PeteC »

We're getting off track on the milk thread so I'll put this one here. The photos on the site won't render for me, but it gives a good history of the place.

If I find more I'll post on here. :cheers:

https://www.thecattlesite.com/articles/ ... dairy-cows
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Farm Chokchai

Post by PeteC »

What is the biggest farm in Thailand?

Farm Chokchai

Farm Chokchai is the largest dairy farm in Asia. This farm is a famous agriculture tourist attraction it receive a lot of trophy and reward as the best farm ever in Thailand 4 times since 2002.

^ From TAT.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Once the tallest building in Bangkok as was there before the Dusit Thani was built. You don't read a lot about this family from back then, perhaps because he was so western leaning, he may have been considered a threat to the governments in power. From what I've read he never allied himself with any party or government here.

phrom-phong-old-photo.jpg
phrom-phong-old-photo.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 720 times

"Phrom Phong, Then and Now

This is the Sukhumvit Road, near Soi 24, in 1969:

The Chokchai Building is under construction in this photo, soon destined to become the home of the CIA. Today it houses a UOB branch."
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Finished building 1970.

phplyOWOZAM.jpg
phplyOWOZAM.jpg (57.7 KiB) Viewed 715 times