Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Lost »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:34 pm I've lost count of the number of times that I read and and heard that Everton cooperated fully(and I don't mean by Everton fans I mean national media). I really don't know why you said they didn't

Perhaps because Forest did so fully you're assuming Everton didn't
I've not heard this actually (that they didn't cooperate) and, on a brief Google hunt using related search prompts, can't find anything. Read through this which gives an informative examination of the whole situation. Like other sources I looked at, it doesn't mention anything about Everton failing to cooperate.

The Everton Financial Fair Play Situation Explained

When it was announced on 17th November 2023 that Premier League stalwarts Everton — who are an original member of the league and have been playing in the top flight of English football since the 1954/55 season — would be deducted 10 points due to financial rule breaches, it was a huge moment. Many people within the footballing world were surprised by the severity of the punishment, as very few teams in Premier League history have faced points deductions at all, let alone ones this damaging. Thousands of Toffees fans protested against a decision that they labelled as "corrupt", but that changed nothing.

While the EPL has handed out points deductions in the past, notably a nine-point deduction to Portsmouth in 2009/10 and a three-point deduction to Middlesbrough in 1996/97, this landmark decision represents the heaviest punishment ever handed to a Premier League team. Everton supporters are still reeling from it; however, the first team itself has been galvanised in the immediate aftermath, picking up plenty of wins and so far steering clear of the relegation zone despite the heavy penalty imposed on them.

Many people are still not entirely sure exactly why it is that this harsh punishment was delivered to the Merseyside club, particularly when some other teams are currently facing charges that from the outside seem even more serious. That's why in this article, we'll be offering you a deep dive into the Everton financial fair play situation, explaining why it is the club has been punished, and what the broader role of financial fair play is in English and European football...

https://jobsinfootball.com/blog/everton ... fair-play/
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Some relevant snippets for those not reading the article.

"Manchester City reportedly failed to fully cooperate with the league’s investigation into these charges, and they have also failed to comply with UEFA FFP rules over a five-year period"

"Everton claim to have shown full compliance with the Premier League over their own financial situation, which they believe helps their case. Either way, the points deduction that Everton have been dealt could potentially spell danger for Manchester City;"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Leicester City: Premier League charges Championship club with alleged breaches of financial rules

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68580638
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Richarlison, the man folk love to hate unless he's yours. Everton said we'd love him. Shows a side of him on the pitch which is a polar opposite to what he's like off of it.
His charity work off the field is well recorded.

Takes a lot to open up like this.

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:Richarlison, the man folk love to hate unless he's yours. Everton said we'd love him. Shows a side of him on the pitch which is a polar opposite to what he's like off of it.
His charity work off the field is well recorded.

Takes a lot to open up like this.

Hopefully he's broken the back of it now and will be on the road to recovery and a generally happier place

Good luck to him

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pochettino is definitely a glass half full type - not sure what type of glasses he wears?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68694784
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:22 am Pochettino is definitely a glass half full type - not sure what type of glasses he wears?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68694784
The BBC did Poch dirty here... :mrgreen:

"However, on nearly every other metric Chelsea rank lower than fourth including on goals, shots, shots on target, possession, passes, touches, touches in the opposition box, expected goals for and against and big chances."
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

What a game Newcastle vs West Ham has been! The prem is back, great start to the weekend's footy. Hope Spurs don't spoil it.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Fk sake. Whooped by Fulham last outing, this isn't gonna be another dire day surely. :cry:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Not creating anything at all. It's the Fulham game all over again. When either Van de Ven or Romero out, we lose something like 60-70% of our games
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Richarlison and Johnson on at halftime, don't bother waiting this time. I'd like to see Hojberg on too if I'm honest.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Ten man Burnley draw level at Stamford Bridge. 1-1 at spurs.

Come on football, don't let me down.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Millimetre goal line ball. Chelsea ahead. Gonna be another weekend of pain.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Richarlison on for the winner. 🤞
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

YEESSSSSS, get in you beauty