Help please, Indo Mee instant dry noodles

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Help please, Indo Mee instant dry noodles

Post by 404cameljockey »

Due to illness my wife has a very depressed appetite and has been told by her doctor that right now she should eat what she enjoys, even if not the healthiest food.

She found she has a liking for the BBQ chicken flavoured Indo Mee brand noodle, or the basic nasi goreng flarour, but this year they have both become very hard to find in Hua Hin, and even Lazada sellers say they are out of stock. I cleared the shelf in Villa Market last month, ten or so packets.

She might try another brand depending on flavours. As I said she's picky right now, not through choice, and she doesn't fancy spicy noodles at the moment, it's difficult for her to know what she might eat.

Is there another brand of dry noodle (ie strained after cooking, not served with soup) preferrably that has English words on the packet? I see many brands but can't understand the writing on the packets, and don't want to make a nuisance of myself in the shop each time.

I do cook every day, but to get three small meals inside her is very difficult because of her taste buds. Hard for me to understand as I can always eat all day every day, but it's how it is at the moment.

Thanks for any help. :thumb:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Help please, Indo Mee instant dry noodles

Post by Pagey »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:13 am I cleared the shelf in Villa Market last month, ten or so packets.
There is 2 Villa Market stores in HH, have you tried the other one?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Amazon has a very wide range. I think they'll ship to Thailand.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=indomie+no ... doa-p_1_15
This is the way
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Pagey wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:04 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:13 am I cleared the shelf in Villa Market last month, ten or so packets.
There is 2 Villa Market stores in HH, have you tried the other one?
I try both at least once a week,also Lotus and Makro.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Thanks but two days ago I messaged this seller Abang-shop and despite showing them on the Lazada site they said not in stock. Same with seller gomarketdd. 'No have'.

Sellers on Lazada don't bother to update the site. I ordered a large box of them from another seller about 6-8 weeks ago and they never arrived although they claimed they had. I got it refunded. There's a big shortage for months now.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:58 pm Amazon has a very wide range. I think they'll ship to Thailand.

Thanks. I will check but I imagine the shipping cost will make it a no go for such a cheap item? I'll report back, but another Thai brand would be the way forward if I can identify a flavour that she will try.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Saw this in Foodland Bangkok not too long ago, I also like Indomee, and have seen the mi goreng flavor at Lotus in Ban Bueng. Will check Foodland tomorrow if I have time, they usually have things most other supermarkets do not.
วินเชนท์
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

VincentD wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:10 pm Saw this in Foodland Bangkok not too long ago, I also like Indomee, and have seen the mi goreng flavor at Lotus in Ban Bueng. Will check Foodland tomorrow if I have time, they usually have things most other supermarkets do not.
Thanks. Do they deliver to Hua Hin?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

404cameljockey wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:58 pm Amazon has a very wide range. I think they'll ship to Thailand.

Thanks. I will check but I imagine the shipping cost will make it a no go for such a cheap item? I'll report back, but another Thai brand would be the way forward if I can identify a flavour that she will try.
Sorry I can't help with sourcing noodles, just want to suggest that Google Lens will help you read non-English language on packets and labels.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

hhinner wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:07 amSorry I can't help with sourcing noodles, just want to suggest that Google Lens will help you read non-English language on packets and labels.
Thanks hhinner, that's actually more helpful than I could have hoped for.

I'm afraid my brain is too fogged these days to remember that useful app. I tried it now on a packet from my larder and it seems pretty accurate, even reading from slightly crinkled packaging. :bow:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

17 GBP for a box of 40, plus 50 GBP postage.... :laugh:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Wow. :shock: Alternatively, you could fly here and pop into the supermarket...
This is the way
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Foodland do have a website and online shopping, but they do not have an English language menu. I'll try and extend my evening walk to cover Foodland and pop in to check if they have anything close. Nissin branded instant noodles also have a decent variety, but not many make it to Thailand.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Both Big C and Tops supermarkets have online shopping and I see Indomie Mi Goreng in their listings. You could try them. Tops has an english menu option but is considered more upmarket than Big C and therefore will have prices that reflect that.
วินเชนท์