RIP Norman Sands, aka 'lindosfan1'

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RIP Norman Sands, aka 'lindosfan1'

Post by Lev »

We received this email today from Norman's wife.

Please may I use this opportunity to inform all members as Norman ask me to say goodbye to all for you. He passed away peacefully on Saturday 11th Feb. and a day before he asked me to do this and say thank you to everybody for a long-distance friendship.
Big Boy

Re: RIP Norman Sands, aka 'lindosfan1'

Post by Big Boy »

I knew Norman wasn't in the best of health, but this has still come as a huge shock. I only met him once, but he was a true gentleman. He actually stopped me on Soi Binthabat while I was visiting on holiday, and insisted on buying me a drink for a bit of IT work I had done for him. LOL, I remember his dog, a big Golden Retriever even more - lovely dog. I know Norman loved animals, and he did a lot of work locally with rescue dogs.

A sad loss for the Forum. R.I.P.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, that is sad news, I never met him personally but I felt like I knew him from his presence here on the forum.
He will be missed.
RIP!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Condolences to his family. RIP
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

What a shock - he had been an active member right up until his death with no mention of any illness!! RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:12 pm What a shock - he had been an active member right up until his death with no mention of any illness!! RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I just inject a note of sympathy for Mrs. 'lindosfan1', the silent (to us) partner, who I hope is reading replies.

My MIL just lost her husband of many, many years 3 weeks ago, I'm aware of the shock and grief which may be felt (even after there being a long illness). I hope that Mrs. L. will find comfort and support where she can, and find ways to make the years ahead full and rewarding, it will seem a big ask right now, I know, but they say time really does heal whilst good memories will always linger.

My wife of nearly 45 years is very ill now, so these things are much on my mind, and it's good to 'reach out' with comfort, in the awful modern parlance.

Shame there seems no 'wai'/'namaste' emoticon on a Thai forum, it's how I wanted to sign this message off.

God bless.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

That was quite a shock!

I had no idea he was in any way unwell and I am really saddened to hear of his passing. He was a full and active member of this forum for as long as I can remember. He's basically always been there.

Thanks indeed to his wife for passing on this sad news and message of friendship. It say's a lot that we were in his thoughts at such an awful time.

And of course, I wish to extend my condolences and sympathy to his wife, family and friends.

RIP Norman.
Talk is cheap
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

A true gentleman,his many informative and humorous comments on various subjects will be missed on the forum.
My condolences to his family,RIP.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

My condolences to the family. RIP.
วินเชนท์
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I met Norman a few times about 15[?] years ago, when we had a very active book swap for a while based at Dick's Office. Very friendly guy who worked closely with Dawn at the dog shelter. He left HH a while back and spent some time in Greece, I think, before returning to the UK and settling on the south coast.
RIP :cheers: :cheers:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Hell of a shock. I knew he had been ill, but ......

I never actually met Norman, but we were in touch with PM's on a regular basis chatting about rugby and life! -All starting really with his concern over DM's health issues not so long ago. A true gent and caring individual. Goes to show when he cared for others whilst suffering himself.

RIP "lindos" - you'll be sadly missed.... :bow: :bow:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I didn't know him, only read his posts. RIP.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Very sad news, indeed. Never met Norman but enjoyed his frequent contributions to the forum. My condolences to his family and friends.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:03 pm Can I just inject a note of sympathy for Mrs. 'lindosfan1', the silent (to us) partner, who I hope is reading replies.
I have sent Norman's wife "Mrs lindosfan1" an Email and have shared the comments made on this thread.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

.Regarding one of HuaHin website member Norman Sands

Post by lindosfan1 »

Hello,

My name Parijaya Sands is Norman Sands's wife. May I use this space to inform all members who know Norman, he passed away on last Saturday 11th at 2.03 pm. He asked me to say goodbye to you all and thank you for the very enjoyable time on HuaHin website. Love from Norman and me.

Best regards,

Parijaya Sands
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.