A lot Ambulances in Hua Hin?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
DDD

A lot Ambulances in Hua Hin?

Post by DDD »

We hear ambulances multiple times every day. This seems a lot compared to Chiang Mai, where we rarely saw one. Is it because of more retired people living here? Could also be because we live right across from Bangkok Hospital, but seems they aren’t stopping there.
So, is some enterprising business servicing a need? Are they delivering to public hospitals?
I’m assuming there are multiple ambulances and not just one riding around with its siren on…
Oh but to be wafted away
Big Boy

Re: Ambulances much?

Post by Big Boy »

I have 2 paramedics in the family (different organisations), and can assure you it is more than one ambulance.

Think about the accident rate on the roads - ambulances attend. You also live on the main route into town, regardless of hospital.

Additionally, ambulances attend more than just human tragedy e.g. one of my relatives is the local snake catcher. He was also called up to attend the Sukhothai tragedy. Basically, they deal with a lot more than human illness.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
DDD

Re: A lot Ambulances in Hua Hin?

Post by DDD »

Kudos to those on the front lines like your 2 paramedics. They see more than I want to imagine. The whole medical profession seems to have gotten even more stressful since covid.

I value the accident rate enough not to drive or bike here. I’m old enough to have seen enough accidents and amazed at the number of people I see with after motorcycle foot braces. I’ve noticed most people (including doctors) dont do well with probabilities. We seem ever optimistic that it wont happen to us.
Oh but to be wafted away
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Just a thought. Is there more than one ambulance service operating here and is more than one ambulance being sent to a single incident. Also, is there a possibility they may have lights and sirens on to help speed them through traffic although attending an emergency. Not that such a thing would happen in Thailand.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

AFAIK, they all have different phone numbers, so somebody would have to call multiple services for them all to attend. Yes, certainly with Sawang Rescue, it is not unusual for more than vehicle to attend an incident.

Of course, TIT. I have pulled over to let an ambulance through, only to see that same ambulance parked outside of 7-11 further up the road. I would rather be made a fool of like that, as opposed to risking delaying somebody getting to hospital.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Good point Big Boy and pretty much my feelings too. I like the way that a lot of places in the UK will allow emergency services personnel to jump the queue when buying fast food etc knowing that it gives them more of a chance to have some food before being called out again.
Unfortunately although things have improved here and emergency vehicles are being let through more often there are still those who seem oblivious to lights and sirens behind them.