Samsung TV repair

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
caller
Hero
Hero

Samsung TV repair

Post by caller »

Anyone know of anyone or had any experience of a repair man?

Watching the Manchester Derby last night, and the screen started flickering, sort of up and down, while the action behind it remained the same, but unwatchable just the same. All a bit wierd. When you switch the telly on it works fine and then after several minutes it starts playing up.

I though it an internet issue, or moden issue, due to one of the lights going a bit wild, but 3BB have been out this morning and say It's not them. But they are coming Tuesday to replace the modem as it's now old.

Thanks for any feeback.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Samsung TV repair

Post by Dannie Boy »

It’s probably not much help, but I watch my TV programmes using a laptop connected to the TV by a USB-C cable to HDMI. A few weeks ago it started to intermittently flicker and it was the cable - replaced with a new one and it’s fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd contact the Samsung repair centre on the right on the way North out of town (near Index). They'll do it properly, and they aren't too expensive.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:43 pm It’s probably not much help, but I watch my TV programmes using a laptop connected to the TV by a USB-C cable to HDMI. A few weeks ago it started to intermittently flicker and it was the cable - replaced with a new one and it’s fine now.
Thanks, but problem is not via a cable. I guess it would be interesting to see if using a cable fixed it! But I will go via Samsung.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:13 pm I'd contact the Samsung repair centre on the right on the way North out of town (near Index). They'll do it properly, and they aren't too expensive.
Thanks BB. This is dumb as I have actually been there, I think it might have been to do with the warranty after buying the TV. But completely forgot about them! I will check them online to get their number and then ask my other half, in Bkk, to call them tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, they cocked-uo big time repairing our fridge a couple of years ago, but true to their pledge, they resolved the issue, and in the end completely refurbished the beast to a much better standard than I'd paid for. They were very good.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:36 pm Yes, they cocked-uo big time repairing our fridge a couple of years ago, but true to their pledge, they resolved the issue, and in the end completely refurbished the beast to a much better standard than I'd paid for. They were very good.
Yes! That's why we went there - issue with the fridge freezer, nothing to do with the telly. The FF was repaired fine. It's also next door to one of my favourite noodle shops!
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think I'm going to be looking at the 'buying a new smart TV' thread a lot closer now!

Popped into the Samsung repair centre today and basically my telly needs a new screen. It's a curved LCD screen bought 6 years ago and the part costs - wait for it - 16,555 baht! Bugger that!!! Labour is 963 baht and transport 428 baht. So nearly 18k - but they will offer a discount if I go ahead!

Think I'll buy what Buksi has from Lazada!
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:44 pm I think I'm going to be looking at the 'buying a new smart TV' thread a lot closer now!

Popped into the Samsung repair centre today and basically my telly needs a new screen. It's a curved LCD screen bought 6 years ago and the part costs - wait for it - 16,555 baht! Bugger that!!! Labour is 963 baht and transport 428 baht. So nearly 18k - but they will offer a discount if I go ahead!

Think I'll buy what Buksi has from Lazada!
Yes a whole new 65” Hisense TV will cost you less than that and possibly with a reasonable soundbar for about the same price - looks like a no-brainer!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Not surprised. My Samsung 75" developed some screen problems (2 or 3 'blotches'). Repair team came out to see it. Price of a new screen: over 30K. Damn thing was only around 2 years old. It's in another room now and is quite watchable if you can ignore the imperfections.
buksida

Post by buksida »

This is why I tend to avoid the big brand names these days - the software is restricted, the innards are usually the same, and they shaft you on repairs/parts. You're essentially paying extra for the logo.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

buksida wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:55 am This is why I tend to avoid the big brand names these days - the software is restricted, the innards are usually the same, and they shaft you on repairs/parts. You're essentially paying extra for the logo.
Yes, I am off to Bkk on Friday, so will take some time to have a look at what's on offer there. Much more choice.
Talk is cheap