Legitimate massage

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Taylor707
Rookie
Rookie

Legitimate massage

Post by Taylor707 »

Wondering where the best and most reasonable legit massage shops are. Mainly for foot and oil.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Legitimate massage

Post by migrant »

I go to Chill massage out off soi 6. Great massage, nice lady and no extras. I go about once a week for 2 hours, she never let me down yet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Taylor707
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taylor707 »

migrant wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:53 am I go to Chill massage out off soi 6. Great massage, nice lady and no extras. I go about once a week for 2 hours, she never let me down yet.
Thanks. Is it just one lady working there or a specific one I should ask for?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Taylor707 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:06 pm
migrant wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:53 am I go to Chill massage out off soi 6. Great massage, nice lady and no extras. I go about once a week for 2 hours, she never let me down yet.
The owner is Pola, she is best. The other girl there is good too, but Pola is best.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Such are the times - pre-Covid most enquiries regarding massage services were of the non-legit variety.

Where I live my wife arranges for an old lady to visit me once a fortnight and the fact that she’s closer to 80 than 70, she still manages to inflict pain…….and no extras!!
Taylor707
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taylor707 »

migrant wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:04 pm
The owner is Pola, she is best. The other girl there is good too, but Pola is best.
I went by earlier as I was heading to Makro anyways. Think the one I got an Oil massage from was named Oi and she was very good. Appreciate the recommendation.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Taylor707 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:10 pm

I went by earlier as I was heading to Makro anyways. Think the one I got an Oil massage from was named Oi and she was very good. Appreciate the recommendation.
Oi is the other girl, she is good but next time ask for Pola. Glad you enjoyed it, they are nice women so happy to steer them business.
Taylor707
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taylor707 »

migrant wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:30 pm

Oi is the other girl, she is good but next time ask for Pola. Glad you enjoyed it, they are nice women so happy to steer them business.
Okay. She was the only one there when arrived, so I thought she was probably the one you were referring to. She got on the phone after I got there to maybe call Pola or someone else to come watch the shop/back up, not sure though. Another customer (sounded Thai) showed up when the massage started and she stopped briefly to say something to him and use the phone again to I guess confirm Pola or another girl lady was coming. Back to the massage and then her phone rang again and she proceeded to talk for a bit while giving me a one handed massage. 555

Would probably annoy some but I kind of understood what was going on and I'm a patient person which comes in handy in Thailand.

Off the phone and back to the massage which was good and no more interruptions. A lady did show up shortly after she hung up that last time. Pretty sure it was over an hour as well to make up for the start which was nice.

I should add that I was originally wanting a foot massage but they only have smaller chairs in the massage room, so I figured the oil massage would be better. She did say no problem doing the foot massage in that smaller chair or the massage table but I prefer a nice comfortable recliner.

Price was 250 and I tipped 100. Not sure the standard. Pattaya has some great places that charge 200 for oil and only 100 for foot. Because it's so cheap, I tip 100 for every hour unless it's not good.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Taylor707 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:38 am Wondering where the best and most reasonable legit massage shops are. Mainly for foot and oil.

I'm not a massage person, but my family loves the massage at The Home Star on Cha-Am beachfront. They are probably the most complete Spa in the area, and offer a complete service e.g. Mrs BB has had her hair done there a few times. Very relaxing, and I just sit there while people receive their treatments. Certainly worth a visit if you want to pamper yourself,.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Taylor707
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taylor707 »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:34 pm
Taylor707 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:38 am Wondering where the best and most reasonable legit massage shops are. Mainly for foot and oil.

I'm not a massage person, but my family loves the massage at The Home Star on Cha-Am beachfront. They are probably the most complete Spa in the area, and offer a complete service e.g. Mrs BB has had her hair done there a few times. Very relaxing, and I just sit there while people receive their treatments. Certainly worth a visit if you want to pamper yourself,.
I appreciate it but don't think it falls into the more reasonable category. Will certainly consider it if I'm up that way and want to spoil myself.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know how much you think their massage would cost, but I doubt it would cost more than Chill Massage. My son and his wife aren't exactly loaded (Thais on Thai wages), and they aren't put off by the prices. Yes, if you go for the full spa treatment it might be costly, but I think you'd find "Mainly for foot and oil," very competitive.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Taylor707
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taylor707 »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:47 pm I don't know how much you think their massage would cost, but I doubt it would cost more than Chill Massage. My son and his wife aren't exactly loaded (Thais on Thai wages), and they aren't put off by the prices. Yes, if you go for the full spa treatment it might be costly, but I think you'd find "Mainly for foot and oil," very competitive.
Was just checking out their website. Didn't see foot massage on there but the oil is 350, so it is 100 more but certainly not over the top expensive and will check it out when I'm up there..

Thanks again,
Taylor.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Taylor707 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:27 pm
migrant wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:30 pm
Okay. She was the only one there when arrived, so I thought she was probably the one you were referring to. She got on the phone after I got there to maybe call Pola or someone else to come watch the shop/back up, not sure though. Another customer (sounded Thai) showed up when the massage started and she stopped briefly to say something to him and use the phone again to I guess confirm Pola or another girl lady was coming. Back to the massage and then her phone rang again and she proceeded to talk for a bit while giving me a one handed massage. 555

Would probably annoy some but I kind of understood what was going on and I'm a patient person which comes in handy in Thailand.

Off the phone and back to the massage which was good and no more interruptions. A lady did show up shortly after she hung up that last time. Pretty sure it was over an hour as well to make up for the start which was nice.

I should add that I was originally wanting a foot massage but they only have smaller chairs in the massage room, so I figured the oil massage would be better. She did say no problem doing the foot massage in that smaller chair or the massage table but I prefer a nice comfortable recliner.

Price was 250 and I tipped 100. Not sure the standard. Pattaya has some great places that charge 200 for oil and only 100 for foot. Because it's so cheap, I tip 100 for every hour unless it's not good.
Glad it worked good for you!! I've gotten the one handed massage too, comes with a small shop! But any interruptions she has she will massage 5-10 minutes over to make up for it. Like you I'm patient and tip well. 2 hours of a hard massage is worth a good tip!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

By comparison, 350 bht incl. tip is reasonable. In the US you'd pay between 1600 & 2800 bht, before the expected tip. There's a greater variety of massages available, but still......
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

I think you can not compare the price for massage in US, Europe and Thailand.
How much is the salary per month for a woman doing massage in US, UK or Germany and Thailand.
Most Worker in Thailand have a very small salary.
Greets,
Phyton