Free and paid apps/streams/sites for Android TV boxes

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
buksida

Free and paid apps/streams/sites for Android TV boxes

Post by buksida »

Starting this thread for us to share what apps and streams we use on our Android TV boxes. Please only post free services and not subscriptions.

Just bought a box myself and it had Filmon installed but very few of the streams play - anyone know a workaround? It is a similar situation with LivenetTV, most channels return an error.

So ... I started playing with Kodi again but found that most popular builds need Real Debrid which is a paid service to source the premium content links. Currently looking for alternative free builds and will report back.

One site that works for live Premiership football, movies, and TV (watched West Ham lose again on it yesterday) is http://tilivizi.club/

Please share your free apps/streams so we can expand this thread.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Free apps/streams/sites for Android TV boxes

Post by thecolonel »

Only just seen this, can't believe this thread got no traction, I thought we all used a box these days.

I'm currently watching almost all dramas/films via my android box(X96_X4_Pro1 Android 11) using the filmplus app

Current version is 1.6.2

It's about 95% reliable.

Not all streams work, but most do. The higher the definition the more chance of buffering. Some streams are rubbish so ditch them and just go further down the list

Subtitles available for vast majority. (I'm not deaf but these actors don't half mumble at times).

You can also use it to download content onto box although I stream 95% of time

The other app is use is Cinema(Maybe called Free Cinema)

For YouTube I use Smart Tube (17.26)

Re sport on TV i use Livenet but it's 50/50.... Very hit and miss. But I find it better than Redbox

I'd love to find a more reliable site than both of those that's for sure

Pretty sure all my apps can be found in APK Time or other such App Apps(!)

I'm not against paying for IPTV so long as the service is extremely reliable. Any feedback on various suppliers and costs appreciated.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Can you add some links for those apps so people can find genuine versions and not fake ones or malware?

Edit: I presume this is the correct link for Filmplus: https://filmplusapp.com/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Can you add some links for those apps so people can find genuine versions and not fake ones or malware?

Edit: I presume this is the correct link for Filmplus: https://filmplusapp.com/
Try https://filmplus.app

My apps were preloaded so I never went and got them myself

But also have a look in APK Time app as filmplus and cinema are in there

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:06 pm So ... I started playing with Kodi again but found that most popular builds need Real Debrid which is a paid service to source the premium content links. Currently looking for alternative free builds and will report back.

One site that works for live Premiership football, movies, and TV (watched West Ham lose again on it yesterday) is http://tilivizi.club/
It was Kodi I had used previously, trying to get Sky Sports for the rugby and F1, but seemed to crash and burn so I'd shelved the unit. For one reason and another, I'm going install again and was just wondering if there was an up to date "workaround".....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

pharvey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:41 pm It was Kodi I had used previously, trying to get Sky Sports for the rugby and F1, but seemed to crash and burn so I'd shelved the unit. For one reason and another, I'm going install again and was just wondering if there was an up to date "workaround".....
Kodi needs updating and builds need reinstalling every month or so as the streams expire or get blocked. Furthermore, most streams on the decent builds (Misfit Mods, Doomzday, Atomic etc) now won't work without Real Debrid (https://real-debrid.com/) which you have to pay for. Needless to say, I gave up on Kodi.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:42 am This all depends on what apps you're running on the box. I've tested a lot of them recently and found they fall into two categories:

1) Subscription fees demanded - IPTV is being pushed now, but you have to pay for it
2) So full of ads, popups, malware, and shite that they're unusable and unwatchable

I started a thread here on it but there were no responses: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40992

I gave up and stick to downloading stuff from torrents.
So for PPV sports events you have to avoid all media until it's (hopefully) uploaded the next day! And live TV is a nono....

I do think that the way to go is a set top Android box (or a Firestick) with a paid subscription for an app which screens all PPV sports, and most major and even minor live TV stations worldwide.

At 3000 Baht a year I think it's a steal (oops, sorry :thumb: )
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

"I do think that the way to go is a set top Android box (or a Firestick) with a paid subscription for an app which screens all PPV sports, and most major and even minor live TV stations worldwide"

OK, but how reliable are these services? Is the streaming genuinely good quality (no buffering) and with HD picture quality?

Can you recommend any?

Are Wizz TV a good option do you know? (It's the only one I'm aware of, I'm sure there are a good number of providers)

TIA Image