High blood pressure

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: High blood pressure

Post by Nereus »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:31 pm
Hahuahin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:55 am Hmm.... now I'm not too sure what's what regarding the blood pressure readings. I visited the Red Cross clinic again yesterday on another errand in the city center and the first measurement showed roughly the same values as earlier in the week, but for once I read the instructions for use on the blood pressure monitor and saw that I should relax for a few minutes before the measurement and after the measurements show 120/80 :?
hahuahin
That's good.
I don't know if you know the following, so I'll say that the top number indicates the rate of blood going to your heart, and the bottom is the rate of blood leaving your heart.
The top, systolic number is perfect, the bottom, diastolic, would be better under 80, but 80 isn't dangerous.
The more you move, the better your health will be.
Unless your heart is piped upside down, I think that you will find that that which you have written is arse about!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Or more clearly,
Blood pressure is measured using two numbers: The first number, called systolic blood pressure, measures the pressure in your arteries when your heart beats. The second number, called diastolic blood pressure, measures the pressure in your arteries when your heart rests between beats.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Unless your heart is piped upside down, I think that you will find that that which you have written is arse about!

Not a good start on the day or cannabis!? :wink:
hahuahin
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Nereus wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:05 pm
handdrummer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:31 pm
Hahuahin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:55 am Hmm.... now I'm not too sure what's what regarding the blood pressure readings. I visited the Red Cross clinic again yesterday on another errand in the city center and the first measurement showed roughly the same values as earlier in the week, but for once I read the instructions for use on the blood pressure monitor and saw that I should relax for a few minutes before the measurement and after the measurements show 120/80 :?
hahuahin
That's good.
I don't know if you know the following, so I'll say that the top number indicates the rate of blood going to your heart, and the bottom is the rate of blood leaving your heart.
The top, systolic number is perfect, the bottom, diastolic, would be better under 80, but 80 isn't dangerous.
The more you move, the better your health will be.
Please google; Systolic and Diastolic.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Hahuahin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:29 pm Unless your heart is piped upside down, I think that you will find that that which you have written is arse about!

hahuahin
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Hahuahin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:29 pm Unless your heart is piped upside down, I think that you will find that that which you have written is arse about!

hahuahin
Joe, please read that which you have posted!
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Peace..it is not OP who in some posts above has explained systolic vs diastolic blood pressure measurement as I am aware of which values we should ideally have, I was just wondering what this "about arse" had to do in here! :shock:
hahuahin :)
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Hahuahin wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:27 am Peace..it is not OP who in some posts above has explained systolic vs diastolic blood pressure measurement as I am aware of which values we should ideally have, I was just wondering what this "about arse" had to do in here! :shock:
hahuahin :)
Another one that does not read that which is written! It is NOT "about arse": but "arse about", which in simple English slang speaking means "back to front". It also has nothing to do with peace!