Noise cancelling wireless headphones

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Noise cancelling wireless headphones

Post by thecolonel »

I'm completely new to this field

I want a decent mid range mid price pair(not earphones)

Lazada or Market village?

Anyone bought a good pair recently that they can recommend?

Must be comfortable, don't want hot itchy ears!

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Noise cancelling wireless headphones

Post by handdrummer »

google "noise-canceling headphones reviews." You'll find some within your parameters.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

handdrummer wrote:google "noise-canceling headphones reviews." You'll find some within your parameters.
Thanks for your input but id prefer to hear from the forum about their experiences re where bought, prices paid, product performance, mistakes made etc rather than a bunch of mostly fake reviews on the web

Which is kind of why I posted on here in the first place. And as I did re mobile phone and Bluetooth speaker and got useful feedback which helped with my eventual purchases

But thanks anyway, very helpful

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I ordered a Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II from Lazada, but it was much smaller than the original, no wonder, it only cost 500 baht. So I sent it back and ordered the same one from another retailer who assured me it was the original. But I got the same crap. In order to have really comfortable headphones for watching TV, I then bought the Philips SHP 9500 for 2500 baht and I am very satisfied. But it has no Bluetooth, just a cable (so I don't have to charge it all the time) and no noise cancelling, it's even half open but then it doesn't get that hot on the ears. I tried also to buy one in shops, but no one would completely cover my big ears.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

From my experience, non-noise cancelling earphones actually block out more noise than more expensive noise cancelling headphones stop.
They only work for repetitive frequencies like engine noise and they don't do anything for any other type of sound.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

I'm a bit of a nut about ear phones/buds as I wear all time

Avoid upstairs market village as quality not good

The only pair I have bought twice (lost first set) are Soundcore Liberty neo. I bought UK Amazon but check Lazada and they 2000 baht.

Good sound quality and noise blocking. Fit in ear really well and pairs quickly with phone.

Personal choice but I would recommend for budget
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

ahandpatsy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:55 am I'm a bit of a nut about ear phones/buds as I wear all time

Avoid upstairs market village as quality not good

The only pair I have bought twice (lost first set) are Soundcore Liberty neo. I bought UK Amazon but check Lazada and they 2000 baht.

Good sound quality and noise blocking. Fit in ear really well and pairs quickly with phone.

Personal choice but I would recommend for budget
Except the OP asked for Headphones rather than earbuds, although Soundcore do make headphones so quality wise they may be ok?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

STEVE G wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:55 am From my experience, non-noise cancelling earphones actually block out more noise than more expensive noise cancelling headphones stop.
They only work for repetitive frequencies like engine noise and they don't do anything for any other type of sound.
That confused me a bit but thinking about it, I guess they cancel out constant humming type engine noises like while riding in a car or a plane. Perhaps not the shrill sound of a motorbike speeding by or various tones of music coming from your neighborhood Thai party, bar or Wat?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure there are lots of articles regarding noise cancelling headphones but this one highlights the many merits,
https://soundproofcentral.com/noise-can ... -worth-it/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:24 pm I’m sure there are lots of articles regarding noise cancelling headphones but this one highlights the many merits,
https://soundproofcentral.com/noise-can ... -worth-it/
That's an excellent article but the colonel may consider it a "fake review."
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The first thing to consider is just what you have in mind. The next how much you want to spend!

There are many different types of "noise cancelling" head phones:

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/us/stor ... ncellation

Unless you live right next to a freeway or a train track, an active type is probably not required.

https://www.techradar.com/news/audio/po ... es-1280490

In my helicopter flying days I spent a small fortune on similar types of headphones. The same principle is involved.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Bose QC35 for me but quite expensive.
Use them on the plane all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-cheap-headphones

The best cheap noise-cancelling headphones - AKG N60NC
SPECIFICATIONS
Acoustic design: ClosedWeight: 198gFrequency response: 10 - 20,000 HzDrivers: 40mmBattery life: 15 hours
TODAY'S BEST DEALS
View at Samsung UK
Check Amazon
REASONS TO BUY
+15-30 hours' battery life
+Lossless audio support
+Superb sound
REASONS TO AVOID
On-ear form can be uncomfortable

These headphones are award-winners, with a coveted 5-star rating from TechRadar. Now the price has fallen considerably, they’re an even better buy. The noise cancellation is very good indeed, and like other AKG headphones there’s good, solid bass without overpowering the midrange and treble. We found them to also be solidly-built and well-designed – surprising their cheap price tag. They’re comfortable, too, which is an important consideration if you’re using them on your travels.

The battery is decent for cheap noise-cancelling headphones, with 15 hours of playback over Bluetooth. If you just want full noise cancellation, you’re good for a whopping 30 hours of peace and relative quiet before you need to find a charger. The only issue is that they are on-ear, which means that they can feel uncomfortable over longer listening periods. Note: these headphones are available in wired or wireless versions.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

As far as quality goes, I've used AKGs in the recording studio and the sound quality and build were excellent.
I haven't listened to the noise-cancelling headphones.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Ginjaninja wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:40 pm Bose QC35 for me but quite expensive.
Use them on the plane all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes these have good reviews, so I bought them from Lazada for 500 Baht. But, as I feared, they were fake.