Champion's League 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Champion's League 2022-23

Post by caller »

Just awful. I don't get Tuchel. Gives a start to a player who has played 8 minutes this season and has a broken jaw. Just what was he expecting apart from the out of sorts performance we saw? And again Kovacich plays and he is clearly still not fit. Same boring tactics, give it to James, playing with no pace again, why? Game after game, the same turgid display and sadly, Tuchels favourites still underperform - Sterling, Havertz, Kova, even Mount, who is given a different role for each game. And Koulibaly ain't no Rudiger, that's for sure. It just looks a mess.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:48 am
Lost wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:24 am Thinking City and Chelsea will be easy'ish' wins for them.
:cheers:

chortle.jpg
50% correct!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

As my league positions on the forum leagues show, I'm not much good at predicting games. :wink:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote, August 15th
Still, Chelsea looked good and sharp. Loftus-Cheek was excellent and Gallagher should be starting the next game. I feel confident about this season now.
Few weeks later...
caller wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 am Just awful. I don't get Tuchel. Gives a start to a player who has played 8 minutes this season and has a broken jaw. Just what was he expecting apart from the out of sorts performance we saw? And again Kovacich plays and he is clearly still not fit. Same boring tactics, give it to James, playing with no pace again, why? Game after game, the same turgid display and sadly, Tuchels favourites still underperform - Sterling, Havertz, Kova, even Mount, who is given a different role for each game. And Koulibaly ain't no Rudiger, that's for sure. It just looks a mess.
Football, eh! :laugh:

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:10 am caller wrote, August 15th
Still, Chelsea looked good and sharp. Loftus-Cheek was excellent and Gallagher should be starting the next game. I feel confident about this season now.
It's fair comment. That was after the Spuds game, when we played really well before being robbed. Our only decent performance really. I expected us to kick on after that game, but it never happened.

The new owners are clearly running the club in a different way than under Abramovich and Tuchel has oft stated how much he enjoyed the relationship with Abramovich's people. The new owners keep talking of a more 'collaborative' aprroach, which maybe isn't to his liking? The media are reporting that he had grown distant from the players and board recently.

I don't think it's a case of them being as brutal as Abramovich and the stats show that after a really good start, results have been on a downward spiral since the 2nd half of last season. And this season worse than ever and that is self-evident in the way we are playing.

I expect any manager to be under no illusions about how the club will operate n future and will have to buy into that. In return, they can expect a 5-6 year contract, longer than normal. Be interesting to see who we get. I would be happy with Potter as his name is being touted. Chelsea have said they will offer no further communication until a new manager has been appointed. That suggests they will be aggressive in pursuig their targets. They clearly have a list drawn up.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Spurs rubbish first half. Can't be worse in the second, surely?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:48 am Spurs rubbish first half.
Oof, not as rubbish as Liverpool it seems. :laugh:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:56 am
Lost wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:48 am Spurs rubbish first half.
Oof, not as rubbish as Liverpool it seems. :laugh:
Believe it or not, I did watch Liverpool up to half time - can handle Liverpool playing shite, but the crowd were a disgrace - even by Wendyball standards. No need for it sorry - do these pricks understand what sport is? Not for me and can't see me attempting to watch it again unfortunately.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

RICHIEEEEEEE!

:dance:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

In a show of respect to her majesty the Queen, Tottenham decided not to play any football today.

Credit to the team for that.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:13 am In a show of respect to her majesty the Queen, Tottenham decided not to play any football today.

Credit to the team for that.
:D :D :D
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Didn't take long. :mrgreen:

Screenshot_20220914_231223.jpg
Screenshot_20220914_231223.jpg (14 KiB) Viewed 593 times
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I quite liked our performance last night, but still didnt get playing Auba at centre forward, although he put a better shift in than last week.

The best thing was that we played with pace for most of the game, which only petered out as we ran out of ideas going forward. Football is essentially a simple game and the bottom line is we need more players in the box to put away the weekly chances that are created and not put away. Cue Connor Gallagher.

Not sure the back 3, or was it four, will be able to cope in the premiership and they struggled at times last night, I am not convinced about Cucurella and he was at fault for their equaliser. Chilwell is better at going forward and chips in with goals as well.

I hope Broja gets a chance as well, he's big, fast, strong in the air and plays with confidence. He could make the centre forward position his own.

Potters comments about the factors that influenced his team selection last night, won't apply in the premiership in respect of Gallagher and Broja. I hope they get game time.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Really gotta be made of strong stuff being a spurs fan at the moment. Why don't we play like we're a goal down from the start? Playing absolutely useless, getting completely dominated and going in at the half time break a goal or two down appears to be the norm recently. Then play well for half hour or so to win the game.

Not good for the ol' ticker this.

Hope Sonny's ok, too. Took a nasty one to the face. Can't afford another of our best players out after Richie and Kulu. :(
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Credit to the Marseille fans last night. They put on quite a show for the game. Pretty intimidating atmosphere!