How to change automobile registered address ?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Scout
Professional
Professional

How to change automobile registered address ?

Post by Scout »

Nine years ago I bought a new car from a dealership in Petchaburi. It was registered in Petchaburi province, to an address I no longer live at on Soi 6, which I’ve never bothered to change / update. I can only imagine the number of photo radar tickets I’ve received in the mail at that old address, as well as any maintenance / recall notices sent from Mitsubishi. I want to fix this so my current, permanent address in PRACHUAP Khiri Khan is updated but I’m unsure of where to go or what documents are required. I know I’ll need the blue book, passport and current residence documentation and that I need to visit the Land Transport Office. However, which Land Transport Office, Petchaburi, where it is currently registered, or Pranburi, where I want it to be registered ? Will I need a Residence Certificate / Letter from Immigration ? Any other documentation ? I’m hoping someone here knows the answers so I can be successful the first time.

One last question, what happens to unpaid photo radar tickets if they’ve just been ignored or not received in the mail ? Every year I pay the registration fee and receive the tax form to display in my window, from the Pranburi Land Transport Office, and they’ve never flagged me for having unpaid tickets. Perhaps I’ve never been ticketed, but I doubt that ;)
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: How to change automobile registered address ?

Post by Nereus »

I would be inclined to take all your paper work to one of the approved vehicle inspection stations, of which there are several in Hua Hin, and pay a small fee to have them do it. As the car is now over 7 years old, it needs an annual inspection anyway. You may have to try a couple to find one that will do it.

The DLT has a system in place where they are supposed to have a record of unpaid fines, and will not renew a registration until the fines are paid. You are either lucky, or have no outstanding fines. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I believe (I had to do it) you need to re-register the car in the province where you live. That was a few years ago and things may have changed. A visit to the DLT would give you the info needed.
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Scout, please PM me