Best long-term "unlimited" internet SIM deals

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: Best long-term "unlimited" internet SIM deals

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, they are excellent value. I most certainly will be getting another one at renewal time. I've tried to persuade family to have one as well, but they think it's too good to be true. Yes, right, too good to be true until they ask to connect to my Hotspot :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:I know the package we bought last year has gone up this year, so the 8Mbps/100GB one should suffice (he doesn't need the calls). Its a bargain at 120 baht a month.
To be clear, that's data only yes(no calls)?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

It includes 60 minutes of free calls per month, but he doesn't need the calls, in fact none of us do with Line, Messenger, Telegram, Whatsapp etc etc.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:It includes 60 minutes of free calls per month, but he doesn't need the calls, in fact none of us do with Line, Messenger, Telegram, Whatsapp etc etc.
Well I do but I think 60 mins would be ok

Gutted I missed this deal, it's a cracker. I could always switch though

But new number needed and that can be a bit of a hassle sometimes

Please fwd the link for this deal so I can check expiry date, thanks

buksida

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Thank you kindly!

buksida

Post by buksida »

After a year of using it, my son confirms that it works well and that coverage and speeds are good. He rarely gets near the 100GB limit despite being a heavy user (gamer), and we often latch on to his hotspot when on road trips together.

The only problem he had was with the physical SIM card, and a quick trip to the AIS store in MV solved that with the issuance of a new one.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:After a year of using it, my son confirms that it works well and that coverage and speeds are good. He rarely gets near the 100GB limit despite being a heavy user (gamer), and we often latch on to his hotspot when on road trips together.

The only problem he had was with the physical SIM card, and a quick trip to the AIS store in MV solved that with the issuance of a new one.
I've had AIS for two years and I won't be going elsewhere for coverage or customer service

And yes 8Mbps was perfectly OK for me even when I used it as a hot-spot in a previous room to watch tv/netflix etc

Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Hi, :thumb:

My wife had a TRUE mobile account (phone) but as she was out of Thailand for 4 months they have cut her off.

They say she has to get a new number, (OK not the end of the world) but I was wondering .....

Her phone is a dual sim Motorola phone, can I just buy a new sim card and would it work? Would True have "blocked" the phone in some way?

Any help or advice appreciated as always!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

It depends if you got the phone 'cheap' as part of a True subscription deal. If so, it may be locked but those smart kids in Market Village can unlock most devices for a few baht.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:02 am I know the package we bought last year has gone up this year, so the 8Mbps/100GB one should suffice (he doesn't need the calls). Its a bargain at 120 baht a month.
It's getting up to renewal time for mine. The cheapest I can find is over double what you paid a couple of months back (I thought inflation was dropping :shock:). Can any of you guys see it for less than 2690฿/annum? Every one I find says its the 1490฿ SIM and this 1200฿ hike is starting to P me off, although at just 244฿/month, it is still a bargain.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I should have said there are some on Shopee offering Marathon sim cards 300 mbps 70GB/month for as little as 1590฿, but I've got my doubts.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Looks like the price has been hiked 85% on those. So much for Thai inflation being 0.88%.

Edit: Lazada vendors are taking the piss, looks like they're a similar price on the AIS website: https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/sim-netmarathon/en/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Brilliant, thank you. I looked on AIS Store on Lazada, etc., but didn't think of going direct to the AIS page.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m new to all of this, but going down the AIS route as per the last details, does that require you to get a new number every time you renew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk