Best long-term "unlimited" internet SIM deals

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Re: Best long-term "unlimited" internet SIM deals

Post by buksida »

That does look impressive, but I guess it's all based on how close you are to the mobile signal tower. Anyhoo, have a few options to look at now, cheers.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:That does look impressive, but I guess it's all based on how close you are to the mobile signal tower. Anyhoo, have a few options to look at now, cheers.
For the higher speeds yes, but bear in mind with a guaranteed minimum of 8mbps then you have no worries about streaming youtube /netflix etc as 8mbps is more than enough for those (unless you insist on 4k and even then it might do it)

But obviously you have to live somewhere where there is a decent mobile signal in order to get the min speed.

You could check that on AIS site I would think

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: AIS 500/500

Post by thecolonel »

As re mobile phone calls and Internet package(last detailed in Which Mobile phone?)

My 1 year SIM only deal with AIS ends today. It WAS 8Mbps min speed, totally unlimited data, no slow down. All calls to all networks up to 30 min(then just redial again). That cost a one off 2223 incl delivery so 185 baht/month for everything

I could have bought another such 1 year SIM card from Lazada but that means you have to have a new phone number and on this occasion I didn't want that.

Today I have renewed my deal directly with AIS thus keeping the same number.

It's called the Combo 200 package as it costs 200 baht per 30 day period.

For this I get UNLIMITED data at a guaranteed min speed of 10Mbps.

Calls are free to all networks for 15 mins (after that just redial). Any time used over and beyond the 15 mins gets charged at 1 baht/Min

Apparently this package is promised for another 6 months but bottom line is they could withdraw it I guess. Cross that bridge etc etc

I could've have had a package for 1 year fixed at 150 month but the data was limited, after which the speed ground to a halt, and the calls were only free to AIS.

For an extra 50 baht a month id rather everything was included.

You pays your money, you take your choice!

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

My son has been using the 15Mbps 1,600 baht per year Net Marathon SIM (which has a 100GB monthly data limit) for a few months now. Coverage and speeds are very good he says, and he gets nowhere near that limit.

They can't "guarantee" a minimum speed (its marketing BS). If you've got a shitty or no signal, the speed will drop.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

As I'm only in Thailand for a few weeks every couple of months, I find it handy to use the myAIS app. I just top up a few hundred baht by credit card to keep the SIM active and the day before I arrive, I use it to buy a 30 day package.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:39 am My son has been using the 15Mbps 1,600 baht per year Net Marathon SIM (which has a 100GB monthly data limit) for a few months now. Coverage and speeds are very good he says, and he gets nowhere near that limit.

They can't "guarantee" a minimum speed (its marketing BS). If you've got a shitty or no signal, the speed will drop.
Me too. I think it's brilliant and gives me everything I need for less than 125฿. You were actually seen off buksi - if you go to the AIS shop on Lazada, its even cheaper.

SIM card arrived next day with an AIS receipt. I took it into AIS and asked them to set it up for me as SIM card 2 (removing all incoming adverts at the same time). Sorted in a few minutes - no charge. People still call me on SIM 1 as usual, and I can watch live footie travelling to and from the stadium, and watch replays of the match as it happens if I want to. Bloody fantastic. A big thanks to thecolonel for bringing knowledge of the package to the Forum.

Yes, I do encounter a few Internet blackspots between here and Ratchaburi, but minimal interference.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Any idea if you can top up or pay for another year on these Net Marathon data SIMs ... or do you have to buy another one when it runs out?

As expected, staff in our local AIS shop didn't have a clue.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I believe you can top up, but it will cost more (don't remember who told me). I think best bet is another SIM - that is what I will be doing.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep, seems to be the way to go. The 8Mbps/100GB/12-month Net Marathon SIM is 1,450 on Laz.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I went into the AIS shop on Lazada. and the savings were greater.

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Yep, seems to be the way to go. The 8Mbps/100GB/12-month Net Marathon SIM is 1,450 on Laz.
I assume that's 100gb per month if so that's a great price if all calls are included

and 8mbps is absolutely fine in my book as long as now slow down

I chose to keep my number last time and I pay 200/month (10mbps, totally unlimited, all calls all networks) directly to AIS

Probably not the cheapest deal I could get but so incredibly cheap by UK standards

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

don't remember who told me
My memory has been jogged :D
I chose to keep my number last time and I pay 200/month (10mbps, totally unlimited, all calls all networks) directly to AIS

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:35 pm I went into the AIS shop on Lazada. and the savings were greater.
That was the AIS shop on Lazada so can you please post a link of where you can get the package I posted cheaper than 1,450 from the official AIS store. Thx.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, when I said the savings were greater, I meant the Laz Shop gave me greater savings last year. I haven't looked this year yet.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I know the package we bought last year has gone up this year, so the 8Mbps/100GB one should suffice (he doesn't need the calls). Its a bargain at 120 baht a month.