What is all the fuss about Covid?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by hhinner »

Lost wrote:
caller wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:46 pm I do hope that the NHS vax refunisks have a label pinned to their uniforms stating, 'unclean'
Great idea. Maybe something like a yellow star pinned on the sleeve or something.
Don't be ridiculous! It doesn't have to be yellow. :)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:39 pm
handdrummer wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:21 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm
I’m happy for you to take whatever risks you deem acceptable - by being fully vaccinated I believe I’m at even lesser risk than you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Operative word: "Believe." The fact is; none of us "know" anything that we haven't experienced.
You’re too pedantic for words, I can believe what ever I choose to, and I believe that by being fully vaccinated I am less at risk of becoming seriously I’ll through Covid than had I not had a single jab - therefore I hope not to experience it. This is based on what I have read and I judge that the majority of positive benefits outweigh the negative ones.
You've made my point. Yes, you can believe whatever you choose to believe and that doesn't make it true. It's just what you believe.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:23 pm
handdrummer wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:21 pm

Operative word: "Believe." The fact is; none of us "know" anything that we haven't experienced.
You’re too pedantic for words, I can believe what ever I choose to, and I believe that by being fully vaccinated I am less at risk of becoming seriously I’ll through Covid than had I not had a single jab - therefore I hope not to experience it. This is based on what I have read and I judge that the majority of positive benefits outweigh the negative ones.
You've made my point. Yes, you can believe whatever you choose to believe and that doesn't make it true. It's just what you believe.
No, it’s based on the balance of evidence that I’ve read - do me a favour and ignore my posts, the same as I intend to do to yours from now on!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 pm
handdrummer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:23 pm
No, it’s based on the balance of evidence that I’ve read - do me a favour and ignore my posts, the same as I intend to do to yours from now on!!
I'd rather annoy you so I won't ignore your posts. Reading of evidence is not knowing, it's knowing about. BTW, you can block my posts so you never have to read them again. The onus is upon you. Don't expect me to do your work for you.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:39 pm and I believe that by being fully vaccinated I am less at risk of becoming seriously I’ll through Covid than had I not had a single jab - therefore I hope not to experience it.
This is the whole point and it has been widely reported that the vast majority of hospitalisations due to Covid are unvaccinated. Yes, whilst those vaccinated can catch and pass on Covid, they (sorry WE) are far less likely to suffer seriously and be hospitalised (let alone pass away). The anti-vaxxers are simply putting huge stress on hospitals, businesses, the economy and life in general.
Lost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:19 pmGreat idea. Maybe something like a yellow star pinned on the sleeve or something.
Oooh, that's a tad near the knuckle lost, despite caller's comments......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 am
Lost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 am Just to add to my last post 'as many as 73,000 NHS staff risk losing their jobs because they refuse the vaccine'.
I’m sure they’ll be a last minute compromise - whether you agree or disagree with the principle of compulsory vaccination of medical staff, the simple fact is that the NHS cannot cope with its existing staffing numbers let alone 70,000 less.
I'm sure DB is correct, but if not - hey, I'm sure many can always come across the bridge! One point that is not noted, is that this ruling is from NHS England - the same ruling is certainly not in place in NHS Wales.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:12 pmOooh, that's a tad near the knuckle lost, despite caller's comments......
As far as I an concerned, such medics should not be allowed to treat patients. End of. Bit of a dilemma if a medical issue is the reason for nor having a vaccine, but that would surely be quite rare. But I believe the patient has a right to know if their Doctor, or nurse, or whatever, is vaccinated or not. I wonder whether the quacks will agree to that?

The whole problem today is not that everyone has rights, but that some believe that gives them a right to override their obligations and responsibilities. I don't.
Talk is cheap
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

caller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 pm
pharvey wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:12 pmOooh, that's a tad near the knuckle lost, despite caller's comments......
As far as I an concerned, such medics should not be allowed to treat patients. End of. Bit of a dilemma if a medical issue is the reason for nor having a vaccine, but that would surely be quite rare. But I believe the patient has a right to know if their Doctor, or nurse, or whatever, is vaccinated or not. I wonder whether the quacks will agree to that?

The whole problem today is not that everyone has rights, but that some believe that gives them a right to override their obligations and responsibilities. I don't.
Truly caller, I believe in a great deal with what you are saying - whilst not with the NHS, family members including the LHG work as carers and IMHO are no doubt "front line workers" - all are fully jabbed aside from the LHG who has been unable to get the Booster Jab as yet (not her choice).

"The whole problem today is not that everyone has rights, but that some believe that gives them a right to override their obligations and responsibilities. I don't."

I was brought up with the same principle and feel the same.....

Comments regarding labels however "Unclean", or a "Yellow Star" are quite frankly not on - as I said previously, too near the knuckle IMHO (though many would not comprehend the latter or the offense it could cause).
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

caller wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 pm

You got that right.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

My comment was just a continuation of caller's sudden Hitleresque ambitions.

Making those that don't want the vaccination wear a label? Fit, young, healthy medical professionals with possible antibodies, who have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic, are now 'unclean' if they don't want, what is possibly, a fairly pointless vaccination.

They have done just fine up to now. For 2 years almost. More than fine, they were called 'heroes'. But now they should be 'marked' if they don't want the jab?

Thought it was a pretty foul comment. Proper Hitler.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Lost wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:37 pm My comment was just a continuation of caller's sudden Hitleresque ambitions.

Making those that don't want the vaccination wear a label? Fit, young, healthy medical professionals with possible antibodies, who have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic, are now 'unclean' if they don't want, what is possibly, a fairly pointless vaccination.

They have done just fine up to now. For 2 years almost. More than fine, they were called 'heroes'. But now they should be 'marked' if they don't want the jab?

Thought it was a pretty foul comment. Proper Hitler.
"Proper Hitler." There's a lot of that going around. When you can't find a suitable cause for your anger, blame the Jews. It's no longer cool to blame the Blacks or others of color and the world always needs a scapegoat.

I wonder what those people do about Jews who have become Christians? Must be confusing for them.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Guys, FFS - "Hitler", "Jews", "Stars" and "Unclean Labels"... REALLY?!! :roll: :banghead:

I guess we know what the real fuss is about......?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Perfect response!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:23 am Guys, FFS - "Hitler", "Jews", "Stars" and "Unclean Labels"... REALLY?!! :roll: :banghead:

More interesting than waffling on about Covid still. It's been 2 years already. Useless waffle after useless waffle. Useless data after useless data. I'm totally guilty of it, too. Totally guilty. 'Tis like some mass psychosis going on.

Bring back brexit or something. Covid's boring as shit now. :laugh:

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:28 am
pharvey wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:23 am Guys, FFS - "Hitler", "Jews", "Stars" and "Unclean Labels"... REALLY?!! :roll: :banghead:

More interesting than waffling on about Covid still. It's been 2 years already. Useless waffle after useless waffle. Useless data after useless data. I'm totally guilty of it, too. Totally guilty. 'Tis like some mass psychosis going on.

Bring back brexit or something. Covid's boring as shit now. :laugh:

:cheers:
There is that, but talk of Hitler, the Jews and co. has gone on for a little longer than 2 years wouldn't you say?

Come on blue, we're all somewhat pi$$ed off with it all... And hey, don't bother bringing the whole depression of being a Wendyball/Spurs supporter into it - I'm a Welsh rugby supporter for Christ's sake, outside of Wales, it's Bath... Dear God!! Look at the results...... :roll: :oops: :banghead: :cuss:

Ho Hum....

:cheers: :cheers: