Disney & FOX channels to shut down October 1

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PeteC

Disney & FOX channels to shut down October 1

Post by PeteC »

an FYI......This includes Thailand and what TRUE offers.

The Walt Disney Company has decided to cease broadcast of 13 Disney and FOX channels in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia, including the Philippines. As a result, all pay TV operators in the country will not be able to offer these channels. The decision was made as part of Disney’s shift towards their online streaming business.

The following channels will no longer be available effective October 1:

Disney Channel
Disney Junior
FOX Movies
FOX Action Movies
FOX Family Movies
FOX
FOX Life
FOX Crime
FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports 2
FOX Sports 3
Nat Geo People
Channel V
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: Disney & FOX channels to shut down October 1

Post by Big Boy »

I guess that will include AIS as well - they've only just launched the likes of Disney. :shock:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It takes away a lot of sports such as F1, NFL, MLB, NBA, Tennis, Golf etc. All will have to be streamed now on some kind of pay platform.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Yep..TV listings for Fox Sports showing blank from Fri. 1st
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:I guess that will include AIS as well - they've only just launched the likes of Disney. :shock:
I think Disney+ will be OK. It says they want to concentrate on streaming services.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:05 am It takes away a lot of sports such as F1, NFL, MLB, NBA, Tennis, Golf etc. All will have to be streamed now on some kind of pay platform.
I consider True and AIS pay platforms anyway. I presume monthly/annual subscriptions will be reduced accordingly :run:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:12 am
PeteC wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:05 am It takes away a lot of sports such as F1, NFL, MLB, NBA, Tennis, Golf etc. All will have to be streamed now on some kind of pay platform.
I consider True and AIS pay platforms anyway. I presume monthly/annual subscriptions will be reduced accordingly :run:
Not so for TRUE. They have a ticker running on their channels at the moment with what the replacement content will be. I haven't looked at any detail yet.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There are some big names to be replaced. How can they replace something like Disney or F1?

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:00 pm There are some big names to be replaced. How can they replace something like Disney or F1?
They won't. They'll hype up the new offerings and pocket the money they're saving from not having to pay Disney/Fox. I haven't really spotted any sports replacements on their ticker, just movie and cartoon channels. At least one is Chinese. :banghead:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Looks like this is what you will be getting. Bloody good value for money. (irony)

https://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th ... 35fdb32811
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

For 2.5k baht a year I think I'll stick with G Cable. Resigned to losing the Fox sports channels (will have to look at streaming), as long as they keep H Channel (decent movies), Smithsonian Channel (decent docs),Golf Channel and news(apart from Fox news hopefully),every time I see the smugass faces of Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham I want to smash the TV in. :cuss:

Hope they keep the SkyNet Sports channels(Myanmar I think), sometimes get a few Premiership games. :cheers:

All HD channels.

― George Carlin