Thai Superstitions

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PeteC

Thai Superstitions

Post by PeteC »

Good opportunity to start this one off. I wonder if you'll see a Spirit House in that corner of the parking garage shortly, and people will avoid parking in that area? I would think both.
Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm I don't think this has been reported anywhere else.

A 31 year old woman was murdered on floor 2.5 of Market Village Car Park yesterday. From what I've seen/read (haven't seen an English report) was that her 45 year old husband shot her and left her on the back seat of their car. He then took a motorcycle taxi home, where he intended to kill himself but failed.

I'm just back from MV, where I've been shopping and was actually shocked to see the murder scene still in tact i.e. floor 2.5 was closed off and the car was the only car on that floor. Quite gruesome.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Thai Superstitions

Post by PeteC »

Near Sattahip on Sukhumvit road there is a bend in the road which has a reputation for two separate events. In the old days the curve was worse, inclusive of a blind rise, narrow 2 lane road only, and there were dozens of fatal accidents. There is a an entire community of Spirit Houses there to this day.

The field to the south of the curve was where many alleged communist insurgents and criminals were executed in the 60's and early 70's.

People still honk their car horns as they drive by, as an extremely haunted area in local folklore.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I can relate to that. Mrs BB often goes into a Wai, and asks me to beep the horn at various site around Hua Hin, but even if we're driving somewhere quite new, it happens.

As for that parking spot in MV, I hadn't thought of it right away, but you could well be right. It'll be interesting to see how that develops.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

People talk about the great modernization of Thailand, but all the sophistication still gives way to how it's always been at the grassroots level, and probably always will be.

Thai pee movies still gross more and have the biggest audience here of any genre. Some are quite good, and some would never be shown anywhere else as they are gruesome and totally off the violence charts, in conjunction with the pee aspect.

If you have TRUE, tune in to channel 236 and one will come along that will make a person cringe. :shock:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Thai pee movies still gross more and have the biggest audience here of any genre. Some are quite good, and some would never be shown anywhere else as they are gruesome and totally off the violence charts, in conjunction with the pee aspect.

If you have TRUE, tune in to channel 236 and one will come along that will make a person cringe. :shock:
Many good Thai ghost stories. The story of Mae Nak Phra Khanong is probably one of the most famous. Supposedly true. The movie adaptation, Nang Nak, is currently on Netflix. May just stick it on again actually... :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:01 pm Supposedly true.
:lach: :lach: :lach:

I have some splendid investment opportunities you may be interested in... :naughty:
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

:laugh:

Guess it's no different to folk who believe there's a god. Or that Jesus was resurrected. Or Noah fit all those animals onto a single boat...

Thais aren't the only ones that believe in some 'out there' stuff. :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.