YouTube Vanced

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: YouTube Vanced

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:Great. Image

MicroG is an open source replacement for Google services which vanced uses rather than the real Google services. People who are paranoid about tracking prefer it in custom roms as tracking and some other features of Google services are bypassed.

Apps are usually developed with both circular and round-corner square icons. It depends on the os, user interface and theme which icons get used. It might even be configurable in settings somewhere.

Anyway enjoy YTM.
Thanks again. So how do I get Vanced on my smart TV?! ImageImage

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Very few smart TVs will allow users to install third-party apps that are not from their own app stores. You'll have to search whether your specific TV will allow it - I've tried and failed to install it on a LG, Samsung, and Sony where apk or apkm files are not supported.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Very few smart TVs will allow users to install third-party apps that are not from their own app stores. You'll have to search whether your specific TV will allow it - I've tried and failed to install it on a LG, Samsung, and Sony where apk or apkm files are not supported.
I was in a bar last night and asked them to put the footy on(wish I hadn't but anyway....)

On their big new smart tv I noticed as she searched that they had youtube vanced app on there!

I will investigate more when the bar owner man returns from trip

buksida

Post by buksida »

Would be very handy to have it on a TV, I know my LG doesn't support third-party apps.

Are you sure they weren't streaming from a separate Android box, which you can install Vanced on quite easily.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

If the smart TV has the Android TV OS (and many these days do) then you can install apps on them from apk's using a number of different methods. I've "side-loaded" a number of different apps on smart TV's. They don't always work if they're not compatible with the Android TV OS, however some do.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Would be very handy to have it on a TV, I know my LG doesn't support third-party apps.

Are you sure they weren't streaming from a separate Android box, which you can install Vanced on quite easily.
No I'm not sure, as I say I'll check

My money is it will be an android box, not in the TV app draw itself

buksida

Post by buksida »

Google forces YouTube Vanced to shut down ‘due to legal reasons’
The popular Vanced YouTube app is being discontinued, after a legal threat from Google. The creators of Vanced have revealed the project will be shut down in the coming days, with download links set to be removed. While the app will continue to work for anyone who currently has it installed on Android, without any future updates it’s likely to stop working at some point soon. The Vanced owners say they’ve had to discontinue the project “due to legal reasons.”

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/13/2297 ... al-reasons

Get it while you still can: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/team-vanc ... 8-release/
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Talking with someone in the know tonight....

Check out this one....

New pipe sponsor block

That's all I know so far

Well apart from the fact that it's apparently better than Vanced(can't remember why, he told me but I forget)

If you find a good APK link please post

Thanks in advance

buksida

Post by buksida »

Vanced still works providing you already have it installed.

Never heard of New Pipe so post a review if you try it.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Vanced still works providing you already have it installed.

Never heard of New Pipe so post a review if you try it.
But apparently it won't going forward because Google will sue their asses!

Yes will post details of New Pipe when I know them

You Tube... New Pipe.... get it?! Clever...

buksida

Post by buksida »

Vanced will continue to work - the Google action means it wont be updated anymore as the devs have quit the project. The previous versions work fine even from a couple of years ago. I've downloaded a kept a few APKs and will stick with it.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Vanced will continue to work - the Google action means it wont be updated anymore as the devs have quit the project. The previous versions work fine even from a couple of years ago. I've downloaded a kept a few APKs and will stick with it.
Ok cool Image

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

My vanced has stopped working today. Just displays this on every video.

Screenshot_20230419_092402_edit_39485861906185.jpg
Screenshot_20230419_092402_edit_39485861906185.jpg (41.63 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Uninstall and reinstall? Or has it been squashed? Bloody hope not. :(
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:My vanced has stopped working today. Just displays this on every video.

Screenshot_20230419_092402_edit_39485861906185.jpg
Uninstall and reinstall? Or has it been squashed? Bloody hope not. :(
Me too....

Any fixes anyone?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »