Cha Am Time Lapse Videos

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Cha Am Time Lapse Videos

Post by Ratsima »

I slightly changed the way I assemble the time lapse videos taken from my condo in Cha Am. I know. They're boring, but setting it up gave me something to do. Each one lasts about 90 seconds and covers a 24 hour period, including night time. The latest is here, if everything is working properly:

Cha Am Ocean Time-Lapse Video

Older videos are available on this YouTube channel:

Thai Weather Time Lapse Videos
Taf in Cha-am
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cha Am Time Lapse Videos

Post by Taf in Cha-am »

Thanks, Ratsima, for sharing the link. I've enjoyed seeing the videos since first discovered them a few months ago--really appreciate my daily dose of Cha-am while waiting to return when I can.

I'm curious to know about the changes in the production process from earlier versions. What did you do differently--and why--and what changes has that caused?

Plenty of questions. Keep at it, knowing you have one loyal follower!
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: Cha Am Time Lapse Videos

Post by Ratsima »

The videos are encoded from stills that are taken once every four minutes. Previously, the videos were encoded with a frame rate of 7 per second. That made for kind of a jerky time-lapse. Now I do a double pass. The first creates a video at 4 fps and the second pass converts that video to 12 fps. That, creates a smoother transition between frames because they overlap a bit. It also makes the video file about three times larger.

I now have a single page that has both current still images and both videos:

Cha Am Web Cams