Plan to send out 1,000 mobile grocery vans

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Plan to send out 1,000 mobile grocery vans

Post by handdrummer »

You're still judging the world by your own standards and leaving no room for any other type if life.

From your cost of living (rent 6000 a month) I guess that you don't live in a city.

I'm glad that you're able to figure it all out and live well. Many can't and yes, that "oops" can be devastating. Par Ex, 1 operation can you back 200,000 + baht.

it seems that you came here with enough money to live comfortably and haven't had any hardships that have set you back. That's good. But please don't use your standards for everyone else. One size doesn't fit all.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Rent (townhouse) at PKK municipality. Actually pay too much, as another in same block, is only 3500, but don't take dogs. So yes, not Krung Thep or HH, although should be able to find the same cost there, but not sure if I'd enjoy the neighborhood. Really couldn't live in either, as a bit congested for me. So small town or soon to be rural again, give me a smile factor for less cost.

Some people don't live within their means. You can spent 10 a month, for housing & utilities, or 10-20k a month for a car payment. Or 15-20k a month rent for single house in moo-ban w/pool access, though that puts a squeeze on actually living expenses.

So 10k a month for housing, leaving 20k for food & sundries, and 10k cushion. Family of 4 can easily eat well on 500 baht a day, eating in.

Of course if you need to drink 3-5 beers a day & store bought cigs ... could have a problem. I would hope, after working for 30+ years, people learned how to live financially responsible, especially before making the jump to a foreign country, which in itself, should say they have enough funds to live on, since taking international holidays.

Hopefully bringing some equity with you, if not, one would think, 40 or 65k a month would suffice.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

How about sending out 1000 mobile vans full of vaccinations.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thailightzone wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:39 pm How about sending out 1000 mobile vans full of vaccinations.
Great idea. But no money to be made in doing that.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And no vaccines either!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:30 pm And no vaccines either!
:thumb:
Talk is cheap