Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2021-22

Post by Lost »

"Watching Tottenham on a Wednesday night, you play Thursday cos you're fkin shite..."

:laugh:

To take top four is great.

To take it away from an arsenal team who were, 3 months ago, 6 points ahead with a game in hand is amazing.

To take it from the gooners who were 4 points ahead 3 games ago is sublime. :laugh:

Come on DM, I know you're unwell but I bet you must be enjoying yourself tonight. Discuss. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:59 pm
Spurs win by 3+ goals, Arsenal win in vein
If you don't mind throwing a few lottery numbers in with your footy predictions of today, that would be great. Only if it's no bother. Image

:cheers:
And I told you it would be close at City!

Should've done an Acca Image

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:16 am Come on DM, I know you're unwell but I bet you must be enjoying yourself tonight. Discuss. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hey, what's to discuss? You were the one with all the doubts, while I was quietly confident... :laugh: :laugh:
Seriously, it's been an absolute pleasure watching the last few Spurs games, and I haven't been able to say that honestly for quite a while, and to top it off, Sonny got the Golden Boot!! Couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke. And not a penalty in sight...
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[NB I enjoy myself every night, and half-time today coincided with whisky coffee time :rasta: :naughty: ]
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:09 am
[NB I enjoy myself every night, and half-time today coincided with whisky coffee time :rasta: :naughty: ]
:thumb:

Must admit I'm a little worse for wear today. Tottenham was somewhat wild last night.

Lost wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:47 pm Madness in the final day. City go 2 behind in the 69th minute. Liverpool need a goal to be champions.

City score 3 in 12 minutes.
Just going back over last night, bit of a blur. Realised it was actually 3 goals in five minutes. Feckin five! :shock:

Say what you will about the money club. They don't half put on a show sometimes, win lose or draw.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

The best strike partnership the premier league has ever seen.

W.jpg
(452.08 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

Now we've added Kulusevski who's assisting and scoring as many as both of them on the regular. Happy days.

It's alright Arsenal. You've got Lacazette, Martinelli and Nketiah... :laugh:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Lost wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:41 pm The best strike partnership the premier league has ever seen.

W.jpg

Now we've added Kulusevski who's assisting and scoring as many as both of them on the regular. Happy days.

It's alright Arsenal. You've got Lacazette, Martinelli and Nketiah... :laugh:
What about a list of trophies they won ? Or did you run out of room? :laugh: :laugh:

And I can guarantee you both of them wished they were playing for Man City or Liverpool this season......
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Pagey wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:07 pm What about a list of trophies they won ? Or did you run out of room?
E_MJ6NjWYAQw2Ub.jpg
E_MJ6NjWYAQw2Ub.jpg (135.34 KiB) Viewed 297 times

And I can guarantee you both of them wished they were playing for Man City or Liverpool this season......
Balderdash. Absolute twaddle.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Firstly I'm not a Gooner.

You think they are both satisfied with 4th place rather than either EPL Champions, or winning 2 cups and in the CL final? If that's the case they have no ambition.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Warning: The following clip shows discontent among a team. A lack of ambition. And a yearning to join City or Liverpool.

Of course they'd have liked to play CL football this year (edit- trophies!). But now they're back in the big league with the team that they love. I'm pretty sure they're not wishing they were somewhere else.

Last edited by Lost on Mon May 23, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I don’t really have a favourite team (in the EPL) so no affiliation to any of them, but I’m certain that as well as teams and individual players might have performed, come the end of their playing careers, it’s a case of looking back at what they’ve won and medals count. Of course Harry Kane can look at his Golden Boots awards with pride, but a few winning team medals would no doubt be what he would love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:34 pmOf course Harry Kane can look at his Golden Boots awards with pride, but a few winning team medals would no doubt be what he would love.
Absolutely. But I think looking at his name at the top of the premier league goal scorer list, and as Tottenham's greatest ever goal scorer, will soften the blow should he not win anything. He'll be a footballing legend no matter what happens.

But we've the world cup coming up. Kane's peaking. And tottenham's first full season under Conte starting in a few months. I see a trophy on the horizon... 8)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm But we've the world cup coming up. Kane's peaking. And tottenham's first full season under Conte starting in a few months. I see a trophy on the horizon... 8)
Oh dear god, you said it, you actually went and said it out loud... :roll: :guns: :cuss: :tsk:
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:07 pm
Lost wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm But we've the world cup coming up. Kane's peaking. And tottenham's first full season under Conte starting in a few months. I see a trophy on the horizon... 8)
Oh dear god, you said it, you actually went and said it out loud... :roll: :guns: :cuss: :tsk:
Got carried away... :oops:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

For those unaware, Arsenal's outstanding 21/22 bottle job for the top four place has all been recorded in detail for the upcoming, 'All or Nothing' Amazon documentary.

I never watched the spurs one when we had Jose. Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I'll be watching the arsenal one though for sure. :laugh:

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:50 pm For those unaware, Arsenal's outstanding 21/22 bottle job for the top four place has all been recorded in detail for the upcoming, 'All or Nothing' Amazon documentary.

I never watched the spurs one when we had Jose. Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I'll be watching the arsenal one though for sure. :laugh:

Well for once I think I am in complete agreement with you! :cheers:
This is the way