Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2021-22

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:51 am Destroy. Don't hold back, now. Just destroy.
We held back. Shame. :laugh:

I'm a big Newcastle and Everton fan for a bit.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Christ alive! If that's a penalty then there should be a penalty literally every other corner or free kick that's sent into the box! Softest penalty I've seen in 5 years maybe

That has a HUGE bearing on the game going forward.

Lost, admit it, you'd have been furious if that had been given at the other end!

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

thecolonel wrote:Christ alive! If that's a penalty then there should be a penalty literally every other corner or free kick that's sent into the box! Softest penalty I've seen in 5 years maybe

Lost, admit it, you'd have been furious if that had been given at the other end!

I’m an Arsenal fan and I can see why the penalty was given. Very soft though, and on another day the ref would have waved play on. Against the run of play Spurs took full advantage of it.

It remains in our hands and it’ll be all be decided on the last day of the season. Couldn’t be closer….all to play for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

thecolonel wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 pm Christ alive! If that's a penalty then there should be a penalty literally every other corner or free kick that's sent into the box! Softest penalty I've seen in 5 years maybe

Furious would be an understatement. :laugh:

Very soft penalty but a penalty nevertheless. Can't remember the last time I saw one of those given.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Henry 14th wrote:
thecolonel wrote:Christ alive! If that's a penalty then there should be a penalty literally every other corner or free kick that's sent into the box! Softest penalty I've seen in 5 years maybe

I’m an Arsenal fan and I can see why the penalty was given. Very soft though, and on another day the ref would have waved play on. Against the run of play Spurs took full advantage of it.

It remains in our hands and it’ll be all be decided on the last day of the season. Couldn’t be closer….all to play for.

1. Very magnanimous of you to say that

2. Sadly no , it will be decided if & when you beat Newcastle away
ImageImage

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 pm Christ alive! If that's a penalty then there should be a penalty literally every other corner or free kick that's sent into the box! Softest penalty I've seen in 5 years maybe

Furious would be an understatement. Image

Very soft penalty but a penalty nevertheless. Can't remember the last time I saw one of those given.
Fair comment. Me neither.

Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Pagey wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:17 pm
Mind you if the likes of Elneny, Cedric Soares, Tavares and Holding make an appearance as they have in the last handful of games then anything is possible.
:duck:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ne ... &key=skAFC
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

:wink:

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

For the penalty, don't blame the ref, blame the player. I agree lots of such incidents are missed in the melees, but this one stood out a mile. Dumb and dumber. After that, Arsenal weren't in the game, they folded.
Talk is cheap
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

caller wrote:For the penalty, don't blame the ref, blame the player. I agree lots of such incidents are missed in the melees, but this one stood out a mile. Dumb and dumber. After that, Arsenal weren't in the game, they folded.
The ref was in a great position to see the foul. It did look soft but it was a foul. In another game the ref could have been out of position and waved it on, but wouldn’t it have gone to VAR anyway and ended up with the penalty call?

It came against the run of play, but yeah, Arsenal didn’t deal with it well from there. It was that pivot that makes me think Spurs will get top 4.

If you’d given me this position at the start of the season, whereby we beat Chelsea and Man U in the same week on our way to challenging for a top 4 spot….I’d have taken it for sure.

Arteta has done a great job with the young players. A little bit of hope going forward.

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Henry 14th wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:05 pm
Arteta has done a great job with the young players. A little bit of hope going forward.
I agree and more than a little bit of hope I would suggest. One or two need to grow a spine, but I suspect we will see that next season.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Been niggling at me this. Premier League is winding down. Soon to be 10 weeks (?) of nothing when we should be looking forward to a summer of World Cup excitement. Instead the competition got sold out to corruption. :(

Rubbish.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lost wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:35 pm Been niggling at me this. Premier League is winding down. Soon to be 10 weeks (?) of nothing when we should be looking forward to a summer of World Cup excitement. Instead the competition got sold out to corruption. :(

Rubbish.

https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=40656
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There you go "Spud". All set to go. :thumb: We're now up to 8. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:11 pm
Lost wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:35 pm Been niggling at me this. Premier League is winding down. Soon to be 10 weeks (?) of nothing when we should be looking forward to a summer of World Cup excitement. Instead the competition got sold out to corruption. :(

Rubbish.

https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=40656
Forgot we had the Nation's League. Least that's something! I'm in. :D

:cheers: