Watching the Euros 2021

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: Watching the Euros 2021

Post by PeteC »

^ Confirmed. It's on Channel 2 with a good picture. Thai language of course. :cheers:

All Euro 2020 matches live in Thailand

https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/2131 ... n-thailand
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Correction to the above: It appears only some matches are in the Thai language, I guess when it's a key match and they have the commentators for it. What I'm watching now is in English. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

Worked on the Beeb using the VPN, but I find the streaming picture isn't great for live games due to my shitty TOT connection which doesn't have the bandwidth for HD.

Games watched on catchup are perfect, and since most are at unsociable hours I'll be doing that the next day.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:27 am Worked on the Beeb using the VPN, but I find the streaming picture isn't great for live games due to my shitty TOT connection which doesn't have the bandwidth for HD.

Games watched on catchup are perfect, and since most are at unsociable hours I'll be doing that the next day.
Let’s hope it’s working tonight as I plan to watch the England game live at 8pm Thai time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We'll watch on the Thai channel - it is usually possible to change the language to English. However, I'll test the VPN feed on my laptop at the same time. If it's a choice of streaming, or via Thai TV (with language changed), Thai TV wins every time.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I must admit that I’ve never tried to watch Thai TV channels on my TV and don’t even know if it’s set up to receive them - I’ll be hoping that the VPN works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:45 pm I must admit that I’ve never tried to watch Thai TV channels on my TV and don’t even know if it’s set up to receive them - I’ll be hoping that the VPN works!!
For things like football, the quality is often 100% better when using Thai TV. They actually show quite a bit of Premier League on Thai TV. I usually check the streaming sites (Doo), which show show the originator. If it's something like PPPTV36, it's forget the streaming site, and use Thai TV with English language. If you like football, the difference is such that it is worth investing 5 minutes of your time to see if you can receive Thai TV. If you can't. Thai TV is very cheap.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

It worked for yesterday's games but its not always in HD and there was a bit of buffering which I put down to TOT inadequacies. If you have reliable broadband there shouldn't be issues. Either way will have the Thai TV channel as a backup.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:45 pm I must admit that I’ve never tried to watch Thai TV channels on my TV and don’t even know if it’s set up to receive them - I’ll be hoping that the VPN works!!

If you can't get the TV channels to work directly on your TV you could try using the AIS Play and TrueID TV apps, or the True TV website. NBT2 is a free-to-air channel so you don't even need a subscription.*

Then, depending on which device you're using you can watch it on your TV - using a cable if watching on a laptop or via Chromecast if you're using a phone or tablet and your TV has a Chromecast feature (or a Chromecast dongle plugged in).

*You do have to do a one-time registration, using your mobile phone number. For one of them (I think AIS) you may have to use an AIS number but for the other (True, IIRC) any mobile number will do.
Last edited by GroveHillWanderer on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Our Thai TV comes via AIS Play anyway, but I have found True ID very good when looking for some of the more obscure channels for Thai Football.

Points 48; Position 20
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Here's the link if you want to watch using the True ID TV website (for instance if using a laptop).

https://tv.trueid.net/live/nbt

Also, if you use the Chrome browser, it should give you an option to cast to your TV via Chromecast.
buksida

Post by buksida »

It appears that the BBC is not showing all the games afterall which has pissed on my chips for this afternoon's viewing.

Off to the torrent sites to download them then ... https://eztv.re/search/?q1=&q2=295118&search=Search
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Watching the Euros 2021

Post by Dannie Boy »

Thanks for the advice- I still hope that I can watch BBC using my vpn, but if not I’ll experiment!!

buksida

Post by buksida »

England, Wales, and Scotland games will definitely be showing - but the Demark Finland and Belgium Russia games are not on iPlayer catchup. Problem solved as they've already downloaded so no crapo TOT buffering either!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The difference in quality between VPN and Thai TV was chalk and cheese. Gave up on the VPN - too much buffering, and then being told not enough bandwidth.

It's worth watching Thai TV for the continual Aerosoft adverts, so bad they're funny. One of those tunes it's going to be hard getting it out of my head.

Points 48; Position 20