Watching the Euros 2021

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Watching the Euros 2021

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:30 am
GroveHillWanderer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 am You don't need a subscription if you only watch the FTA channels. Both NBT2 HD & TS HD3 are free-to-air.

I'm not sure you even need a True mobile number - at least in the past, any mobile number that they can send an OTP to, would do.
I can't get TS HD3 on mine, it tells me I need to:

True.png

My login ID is an AIS phone number.
OK, good to know. I did say I wasn't sure, and that I had only used a non-True number in the past.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Totally given up on iPlayer and ITV, unwatchable through the VPN due to incessant buffering.

Thank fck Pumpkinhead decided to return some happiness to the Thai people and let them watch it. Though that poxy Aerosoft song will be stuck in my head for weeks now!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Just to mention I got an SMS the other day from TrueVisions, saying games would be on True Sports HD (channel 666) as well as True Sports HD 3 (channel 668).

I don't know for sure but I suspect this might be to cover the situation with the final group games, where both games are played simultaneously.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

OK, that's confirmed. Just had a look at the schedules. TSHD has Switzerland vs Turkey and TSHD3 has Italy vs Wales.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

GroveHillWanderer wrote:OK, that's confirmed. Just had a look at the schedules. TSHD has Switzerland vs Turkey and TSHD3 has Italy vs Wales.
Also on free to air channel 3 HD (digital channel 33).
buksida

Post by buksida »

My usual source to download the matches as torrents the following day has dried up.

Does anyone have a link to a torrent site to download the games? There is just too much buffering to watch anything via the VPN, even on catchup.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Really struggling with this now - can't watch anything on live or catchup due to TOT's prehistoric speeds, and nobody seems to be uploading the torrents any longer.

Anyone any ideas where to download the games the following day?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote:Really struggling with this now - can't watch anything on live or catchup due to TOT's prehistoric speeds, and nobody seems to be uploading the torrents any longer.

Anyone any ideas where to download the games the following day?
Your TOT connection must be bad as I manage to watch the games on BBC iPlayer on catch-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

It is mate, less than 10Mbps - and that's within Thailand! It's too slow when the VPN is connected to London.

Since nobody on here uses torrents anymore (lucky bastards with decent internet), I'll have a go with the iPlayer downloads option today.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

buksida wrote:It is mate, less than 10Mbps - and that's within Thailand! It's too slow when the VPN is connected to London.

Since nobody on here uses torrents anymore (lucky bastards with decent internet), I'll have a go with the iPlayer downloads option today.
No other suppliers available in your area, such as 3bb for example? I can stream everything flawless with VPN connection, and even with 5-8 people using the network for streaming. TVs, phones, tablets etc.

YNWA

YNWA
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, we're getting 3BB installed this week - they promise 1Gbps, but I'll be happy with 5% of that - which is still 400% faster than TOT is at the moment!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:02 am Yes, we're getting 3BB installed this week - they promise 1Gbps, but I'll be happy with 5% of that - which is still 400% faster than TOT is at the moment!
Obviously service is more important, but out of interest, how do the prices compare - if it’s not much more expensive, I might do the same (maybe waiting for your positive feedback)?
buksida

Post by buksida »

We'll keep the two running in tandem while putting 3BB through its paces. I subscribe to the cheapest packages because they only quote Thai bandwidth figures on the sales brochure and the international bandwidth allocation is the same regardless of what option you take (it was actually faster when we downgraded once). So there is no point paying more for more speed because you won't benefit from it unless you're using Thai-only websites and streaming services (which few farangs do).

Costs are around 650-700 per month each including VAT.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Thanks Buks, - here’s hoping you become a happy 3BB customer!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Cheers, I'll be testing and reporting on the 3BB thread - but I don't expect speeds anywhere near Hua Hin levels since we live in the boonies and the infrastructure is shite!

Just hoping PPTV streams the game ok tonight!