Eurovision song contest

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Eurovision song contest

Post by dtaai-maai »

This may be a surprise to some of you who are less devoted to this annual extravaganza than I am... :laugh: but it was last night! (Okay, I admit it, it was a surprise to me too...)

Needless to say, the UK fared badly. Even worse than usual, as it turned out - last place with nul points! Actually, when you look at the UK entry, that's hardly surprising. Don't feel obliged to watch more than few seconds... :shock:

This is the way
Big Boy

Re: Eurovision song contest

Post by Big Boy »

I won't watch the video, but they put a bit on Sky News yesterday. It wasn't the best I'd heard, and was never going to win, but Nil Points will be more of a Brexit response than anything to do with music. For many years now Eurovision has been more about politics than music - quite funny really.

I haven't heard the winning Italian entry yet, if anybody has a clip to post.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Google is your friend alas in this case it most definitely isn't... enjoy :banghead:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you, I think :shock: . If that's the best Europe could manage..................................... :laugh:

Certainly it was no Puppet on a String or Waterloo. Or am I just getting too old?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 am Thank you, I think :shock: . If that's the best Europe could manage..................................... :laugh:

Certainly it was no Puppet on a String or Waterloo. Or am I just getting too old?
I’ve seen more excitement watching Harry Kane playing ........ :duck:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Did Greece and Cyprus give each other the usual douze points?
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Big Boy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 am Thank you, I think :shock: . If that's the best Europe could manage..................................... :laugh:

I watched the best programme on the tv last night a black screen :) The eurovision pantomime for the last few years has nothing to do with a song contest, it is more of a competition of exhibitionsm.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Highlight of the night... a dancing middle finger. :D

Screenshot_20210523_123920.jpg
Screenshot_20210523_123920.jpg (152.98 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:01 pm Partying early.......

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/23/eurovisi ... -14629566/
After a band member was blatantly caught doing a line off the table, the band have released a statement. :laugh:

Screenshot_20210523_161017.jpg
(147.1 KiB) Downloaded 1034 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Oh, this is a far better "Euro" song!! :thumb: :bow: :duck:

:cheers: :cheers:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

"We are ready to get tasted."
Would that be a taste test?
Any taste testers available? 👀
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, I find it a tad shite, but there are some who will make a shed load out of it - Ticket Touts, B&B's/Hotels, Pubs et al
As for the tickets - ludicrous prices anyway, but £380 quid tickets for the final already on 3rd party websites for £9K.. Although some tickets are available to Ukrainians living in the UK for a subsidised price of £20... I wonder how many will attend (zero offence) :naughty: Will have to keep my eye on prices for a giggle! :thumb:

Full article @ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64784428

Eurovision 2023: Tickets For Liverpool Sell Out After Huge Demand

"Tickets to the Eurovision Song Contest in Liverpool in May sold out in 90 minutes after huge demand.

Grand final tickets sold out inside 36 minutes on Tuesday. Around an hour later organisers said the other public shows were also fully booked.

There will be six public dress rehearsals, as well as two live televised semi-finals and the final.

Fans across Europe faced long queues on the Ticketmaster UK website in the hope of securing a spot at one of the shows.

This will be the first time the UK has hosted the contest for 25 years, and it is doing so on behalf of 2022 winners Ukraine.

A BBC spokesperson said: "As expected, demand for Eurovision Song Contest tickets was extremely high and tickets for all nine shows sold out in 90 minutes.

"Congratulations to those who secured their seats to Liverpool Arena in May. We are now looking forward to putting on a brilliant show for our global TV audience and those watching on BBC One in the UK."

According to the broadcaster, this is believed to be the first time all nine shows have sold out on the first day.

About 6,000 tickets were on sale for each show - lower than the arena's 11,000 capacity because of the size of the set and the requirements of such a large-scale TV broadcast.

Standard ticket prices ranged from £30 to £380. Some tickets soon appeared on secondary ticketing sites, such as Viagogo, for around £9,000.

However, fans have been warned to be cautious about buying from unofficial resellers, as the tickets may not be genuine.

Last month, it was announced that 3,000 tickets would be distributed to Ukrainians living in the UK through a ticket ballot, at a subsidised price of £20."

:cheers: :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^It's all very well for you to have a giggle, but some of us missed out. I'm devastated... Still, I've got my sequins ready to watch it on TV.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Personally, I wouldn’t want a ticket even if they were giving them away - I think D-M has the right idea At staying at home with his sequins and perhaps a babycham? :duck: