A good investment for Thai Baht?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

A good investment for Thai Baht?

Post by LolaBeltran »

Looking for a place to invest money currently in Thai baht with Aberdeen Investment group. Not a large sum of money but evidently the investments are tied to the Chinese military ( so I discover) and I am required to disconnect from any such investment. I am looking for a local/national company with which to transfer funds and close out with Aberdeen.
Open to suggestions and appreciate any help.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: A good investment for Thai Baht?

Post by PET »

I suggest you check the Jasmine Broadband Internet Infrastructure Fund ( JASIF ) It has a quarterly dividend paid which has not been less than about 9.5%pa since I invested some 3 years ago. It is listed on the Bangkok stock exchange.

I used the stockbroking arm of Bangkok Bank ( Bualong Securities Plc) to do the deal and the Hua Hin branch arranged for the account to be established
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Gold may not be a bad bet considering it is down 10% from its all-time high and the global financial money printing/inflation crisis isn't going to stop. I would wait for a further dip, but it seems to have bottomed and is on the way up again.

Digital assets are also on sale at the moment. :duck:

Also interested in other suggestions and will look into JASIF.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Investing

Post by handdrummer »

Is anyone still invested in Jasis and if so, would you still recommend it?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Investing

Post by handdrummer »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am Is anyone still invested in Jasis and if so, would you still recommend it?
Excuse me, I meant Jasif.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:49 am
handdrummer wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am Is anyone still invested in Jasis and if so, would you still recommend it?
YES and YES
https://investor.jas-if.com/

I purchased 3 years ago and the price yesterday closed at 11.0. I purchased at 10.10 and the quarterly dividend has never been less than 9.25%pa

Last month the dividend was 25cents so about 10% in my case.

A first class investment IMO
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PET wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:34 am
YES and YES

I purchased 3 years ago and the price yesterday closed at 11.0. I purchased at 10.10 and the quarterly dividend has never been less than 9.25%pa

Thank you, that's very helpful.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:25 am

YES and YES

Thank you, that's very helpful.
I can't find any up-to-date info. The last newsletter is from 2019.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I gave you the Jasif web page above which has all the financial info etc etc upto date!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PET wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:52 am I gave you the Jasif web page above which has all the financial info etc etc upto date!
OK, I see it now.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

YES and YES

Yesterday I went to Bangkok Bank, in Bluport, and asked about investing in Jasif. The woman at the desk knew nothing and called a man over. He was rather abrupt and eventually walked away, pretending to answer a phone call. The woman gave me a website to go to. It was the Bangkok Bank website telling me how wonderful they all are.

I sent an email to Jasif and no one has replied.

How do I invest in this fund?

Do they want investors?

If you'd prefer you can PM me.

Thanks.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Go to the main branch of Bangkok Bank in Hua Hin and ask - also ask to give you the paper work to open an account with their stockbrokers in Bangkok named Bualuang Securities PCL. They did all this for my wife andn sent the papers onto Bualuang.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PET wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:47 am Go to the main branch of Bangkok Bank in Hua Hin and ask - also ask to give you the paper work to open an account with their stockbrokers in Bangkok named Bualuang Securities PCL. They did all this for my wife andn sent the papers onto Bualuang.
Do you mean the branch next to MV?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:20 pm
PET wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:47 am Go to the main branch of Bangkok Bank in Hua Hin and ask - also ask to give you the paper work to open an account with their stockbrokers in Bangkok named Bualuang Securities PCL. They did all this for my wife andn sent the papers onto Bualuang.
Do you mean the branch next to MV?
No, the the one in town about opposite Kasikorn Bank after soi 55 Chomsin Road coming from south
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The one next to MV is not a separate branch but a 'satellite' of the main branch mentioned above. Anything that you can do at the 'big' branch you should be able to do at the 'little' one next to MV. Having said that, the one Pet mentions do have more people so more likely to have people that know what they're talking about.

I've used the one next to MV for years now. I can't remember the last time I was in the main one. I've always managed everything at the small one from immigration requirements, setting up new accounts, new ATM card, new bank book, transferring funds etc.
I would imagine that the one in Bluport also is not a separate branch but part of the main branch.

Having said that it appears that the Bluport Bangkok Bank is a separate branch where the MV one isn't.