Disposal of Pet Waste

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Big Boy

Disposal of Pet Waste

Post by Big Boy »

We thought we were good citizens. We have 3 dogs. Every time they take a dump, we bag it and bin it.

Recently, the bin men have been sifting through the bins (Yuk) and placing the pet waste on the ground beside the bin. I guess they are either after a brown envelope to take it away, or will not dispose of it at all. they come between 10pm and midnight, so must be doing this by torchlight, and we rarely see them.

Does anybody know what we should be doing with dog waste, or do we just leave it in the road, Thai style?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Disposal of Pet Waste

Post by Dannie Boy »

I can’t answer your question but I find it very odd that the bin men have time to search through the contents of your bin - whenever I’ve seen them at work it’s always a case on 1,2,3, seconds and it’s gone!!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

We use bin liners which when full are tied and left outside the gate for pick up overnight. Sometimes the odd roaming dog might decide to "sort through" it but generally the bin men just pick it up and throw it in the truck. Would that work for you?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Maybe it's the aluminum/plastic/glass pickers. Is everything except the poop gone after their visit, or some trash still left in the bin?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We live in quite a narrow soi, and in about the last 6 months there has been a sort of tuk-tuk type vehicle with wheelie bins on the back doing our collections. He does seem to move rubbish from the communal bin to his on board bins manually, so that would explain how he finds it.

The waste is double wrapped and tied before disposal. We don't take it home to mix with our regular waste. I guess storing it in larger bin liners might do the trick. However, we'd probably need to use the black, non-see-through variety.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 pm Maybe it's the aluminum/plastic/glass pickers. Is everything except the poop gone after their visit, or some trash still left in the bin?
I've considered that, but the poop bags are the only thing left.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You need a motion activated "Trail Cam" set up pointed at the spot. Perhaps Lazada has them. :D
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Why can't you just flush it down the toilet with the rest of the sh*t? Seems to be the best compromise and everyone wins.. They certainly won't know and it is a similar waste product anyway..
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Too logical :D

Hadn't considered that :idea:

Will suggest it to my son and daughter-in-law who do most of the dirty business.

Points 48; Position 20