Hiding out

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
sessions
Novice
Novice

Hiding out

Post by sessions »

Been reading and enjoying the forum for over fifteen years but never posted, currently stuck on the dark side of the world due to the covid. Bought into the whole Thai program, house, wife, son and crazy english cocker spaniel. Only hope that with the coming vaccine can go home to Huahin. I'll try not to be the lurker I've been. And hope to try to contribute hopefully something worthwhile.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hiding out

Post by Dannie Boy »

sessions wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:10 pm Been reading and enjoying the forum for over fifteen years but never posted, currently stuck on the dark side of the world due to the covid. Bought into the whole Thai program, house, wife, son and crazy english cocker spaniel. Only hope that with the coming vaccine can go home to Huahin. I'll try not to be the lurker I've been. And hope to try to contribute hopefully something worthwhile.
As the saying goes, “better late than never” and good luck in being able to return to HH sometime during 2021.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Have you tried to return? I'm married to a Thai so was allowed to return. Quite a bit of paperwork and additional expense, but possible. I came back on the first plane out of the US so things may have changed, but happy to answer any questions. Good luck!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
sessions
Novice
Novice

Post by sessions »

Yes, have looked into returning, by the time with doing covid test and repatriation flights and then stuck in a Thai quarantine hotel, having to stay totally sober for two weeks I'm out about $9000 my money. I'll suck it up here till the vaccine. Wish I had a submarine I could sell!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Welcome to the forum! :D
Talk is cheap
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Where are you from?
sessions
Novice
Novice

Post by sessions »

From Vancouver, rain capital of Canada
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

sessions wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:29 pm From Vancouver, rain capital of Canada
Love my weekends in Vancouver and also Whistler. I’m from Seattle.
sessions
Novice
Novice

Post by sessions »

The Pacific Northwest is truly a beautiful part of the world and the growth at Whistler is amazing, believe now the biggest ski resort in North America, first time I went there a single gondola, gravel parking lot after a 30 plus mile gravel road from Squamish. Getting old now Vancouver is great for six months, rain arrives and oh so much miss Thailand.