♫ If I could turn back time. ♫

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

♫ If I could turn back time. ♫

Post by HHTel »

If you could turn back the clock to an earlier period in your life, what would it be. I mean to re-experience part of your life. Not to change anything.

For me it would be from my late teens to mid 30's. That included 10+ years in the RN at a time when we still commanded respect around the world. I saw dozens of countries and lived in a few. Life was free of any worries, no kids or wife which meant my main objective was to enjoy my time and experience as much as possible. And without the need for 'technology'.
I include the period up to my mid 30's, having left the Navy, got married and started a family. I wouldn't have missed their births for anything. I was earning very good money which enabled me to buy my first house (£9,115).
I can't think of a better time in my life and I still reminisce those days.

So what period would it be for you?

Title credited to Cher.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: ♫ If I could turn back time. ♫

Post by dtaai-maai »

Difficult question...

I have good memories of my schooldays, right from the start, apart from my first year at boarding school. But would I want to relive my teens? Probably not, but I certainly wouldn't want to forget them! Much of my life (not most of my working life) has revolved around the theatre, which has been a constant apart from the 14 years I spent in Thailand.

I think I'd have to plump for 1986-1995 (age 29-38) as one extended period during which a lot of good times were had, but there are several other shorter periods I'd love to relive, especially: age 18-20, a 'gap' year in Bordeaux and my first year working in immigration (the gap became a very long one! :laugh: ); age 41-45, drama school and acting professionally (but not often enough to make a living!); and 46-47 (2003-2004), my first year in Thailand, on Koh Samui.

My life has been full of peaks and troughs; some of the troughs were bloody awful, but the peaks were amazing. Looking back, I'd much rather that than a steady plod through a safe, but unsatisfying, career.
This is the way
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If I could live my life over again, I wouldn't. If I had to, I'd change everything, from whom my parents were to where & when I was born. I've never been one for repetition.

The memory
of what never was,
is called,
"The good old days."
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I would not go back, I do not regret anything, you learn by your mistakes. If I went back knowing what I know now I would change everything. However this is not possible as I would not be who I am.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well of course nobody can go back in time so it’s just a hypothetical fantasy. Just for the sake of it, I’d find it difficult/impossible to select just one thing as I (I’m sure we all do) have many fond memories of different events but not necessary ones that can be ranked 1st, 2nd etc. Leave them as they are - happy memories!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk