Special Tourist Visa - published rules and costs.

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
caller
Hero
Hero

Special Tourist Visa - published rules and costs.

Post by caller »

So here it is - plus extra costs and the requirements in full - or are they? As Prayut has stated that STV holders will have to wear a wristband and are required to use an app, to presumably show the tourists whereabouts. No mention of that in the attached.

"STV Visa (Special Tourist Visa) is a special visa created during the Covid-19 Pandemic for long stay tourists who would like to travel in Thailand or at least 30 days. Foreigners will be able to apply for this visa until 30 September 2021'.

Funny how, despite this only being announced yesterday and bearing in mind all the requirements to be met, that a plane full of STV holders from China will arrive here on 8th October.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Re: Special Tourist Visa - published rules and costs.

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

caller wrote:So here it is - plus extra costs and the requirements in full - or are they? As Prayut has stated that STV holders will have to wear a wristband and are required to use an app, to presumably show the tourists whereabouts. No mention of that in the attached.

"STV Visa (Special Tourist Visa) is a special visa created during the Covid-19 Pandemic for long stay tourists who would like to travel in Thailand or at least 30 days. Foreigners will be able to apply for this visa until 30 September 2021'.

Funny how, despite this only being announced yesterday and bearing in mind all the requirements to be met, that a plane full of STV holders from China will arrive here on 8th October.
Given the quoted figures, they've got more than 800,000 baht each to spend. Not your average Chinese tourist then.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Sorry, the link to the STV page went awol. Sorry abut that. Here it is with all details included:

http://www.thailongstay.co.th/stv_visa.html
Talk is cheap
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

"After receiving approval from the Thai Immigration Bureau, the applicant will have to pay the application fee and the company will send the applicant the STV Visa application form and the company will correspond with the applicant regarding:
the 15 days ASQ/ALSQ quarantine accommodation options
accommodation options and requirements after the 15 days quarantine (minimum stay of 15 days) [Total minimum stay of 30 days including the 15 day quarantine]
Options for chartered flights
Medical and Travel Insurance options with a minimum 100,000 USD coverage for Covid-19 medical treatment and a minimum coverage of 400,000 THB for other medical and accident expenses. The insurance must cover for at least 90 days."

So compared to what "normal" tourist do for a holiday in Thailand you are expected go through all this for a months break. Not forgetting most Europeans take less than month The true cost is in the state controlled charter flights, hotels and insurance. The cost must be horrendous. I can't comprehend anybody who has the money to afford all this and time to come for 3 months, would want to under these circumstances. When I worked in China most people had hardly any holidays were very hard working and I'm talking about senior managers, directors, people that may afford this, I just don't get it

Are the October Chinese tourists state sponsored (by China)
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The problem with all this is that they will never lose face admitting it is not progressing as they have wished or anticipated. We will continue to get inflated and less than truthful statistics IMO, as we always do.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

When I saw "STV visa"I misread it as STD visa. For some, that may be more appropriate.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I read somewhere that the average visitor from China spends a week here.

It's also amazing how these Chinese were able to be processed so quickly that their flight is ready for the 8th October.

I also read elsewhere that 7 of the new arrivals are businessmen who will arrive on a private plane.
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Thailongstay.co.th is obviously a super efficient organisation.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thailand now open to long-stay tourists
The Government Gazette website announced that long-stay tourists would now be allowed to enter Thailand, after the Cabinet approved the measure on September 15.

According to the gazette announcement, foreigners who intend to apply for a Special Tourist Visa (STV) should:>

Be a foreigner from a low-risk country wishing to stay for months in the kingdom under Public Health Ministry regulations.

Accept compliance of preventive measures as prescribed by the government, including submitting to alternative state quarantine in appointed hospitals/hotels for not less than 14 days.

Provide evidence of a place to stay during the long visit.

Show proof of payment for hotel accommodation or admittance to hospitals chosen as alternative state quarantine facilities.

Provide one of the following as evidence:* Proof of payment for hotel or accommodation to be used after discharge from quarantine.* Copy of a condominium title deed owned by the visitor or a family member.* Evidence of renting accommodation – condominium or house. * Evidence of payment for the purchase or lease of a condominium-type residence that foreigners can legally buy or lease.

Proof of health and accident insurance policy, which should cover the entire period of stay in Thailand, with insurance for medical expenses in case of outpatient treatment of not less than Bt40,000 and in case of inpatient treatment of not less than Bt400,000.

Foreigners with the evidence needed above will be eligible to apply for a one-time STV from Thai embassies or consulates in selected countries. Eligible visitors will be charged a visa fee of Bt2,000 to stay in the kingdom for 90 days. After this period expires, immigration officers will have the power to permit the visitor to renew his/her visa twice, each for another 90 days. Foreigners must submit an application and pay a fee in accordance with the rules.With the gazette announcement, the STV policy takes effect from October 1 until September 30, 2021.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395428
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Book early to avoid the queues!!!

LOL
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not sure whether it was overlooked or not, but there was no mention of requiring $100,000 cover for Covid - just the in and out patient cover, same level of cover as required for an expat on an O-A visa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Cue music from Warner Bros. Looney Tunes.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:50 pm Not sure whether it was overlooked or not, but there was no mention of requiring $100,000 cover for Covid - just the in and out patient cover, same level of cover as required for an expat on an O-A visa?
Covid insurance is mentioned in the link I provided.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:50 pm Not sure whether it was overlooked or not, but there was no mention of requiring $100,000 cover for Covid - just the in and out patient cover, same level of cover as required for an expat on an O-A visa?
Covid insurance is mentioned in the link I provided.
Yes but not in the one provided by Buks in his post, which is the one I was responding to. However, I can’t see them dropping the COVID insurance requirements until a vaccine is widely available