Used bicycle wanted

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
Gabe H Coud

Used bicycle wanted

Post by Gabe H Coud »

Looking for a Used Gents bike
Prefer Mountain Bike style(I'm not a serious speed cycle guy)
just for getting around town and the occasional lesuire ride
Size Medium/small
thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Used bicycle wanted

Post by Dannie Boy »

Just a suggestion, you can buy a lower quality new bike for about 3000 Baht, so if you do go down the second hand route, make sure it’s not a similar type bicycle on offer for 2500 Baht!!
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am Just a suggestion, you can buy a lower quality new bike for about 3000 Baht, so if you do go down the second hand route, make sure it’s not a similar type bicycle on offer for 2500 Baht!!
Wow! Where?
I meant to put that in original post(ie how much for new?)

Good thinking Batman, that's changed my approach now!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Tesco lotus have plenty of low price mountain bikes.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Even the shop on the lower ground floor nearest the front of MV has bikes at less than 4000 Baht

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

sateeb wrote:Tesco lotus have plenty of low price mountain bikes.
Also in MV, Bike Club on basement floor has prices from cheap to very expensive.
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

Mods, perhaps change title of thread to: Bicycle-Rent or Buy?....thanks

So, following good advice from Dannie Boy above, I'm certainly up for buying vs renting
Cant quite find the right frame size fit for me at the moment together with the all important looks!
And not forgetting price. Im buying because its cheap to buy versus renting. Im not in the market for a 20,000 baht Carbon Fibre Trek bike! Just want something to get me around town... 4-7000 baht ish

Ive looked at Bikes in...

-Bike Club(MV basement ) they currently have the best option for me presently
-Tesco Lotus!(MV)
-Hua Hin Bike(Phetkasem & Soi 41)
-LA Bikes(Phetkasem and Soi 53)

Are there any other bike retailers I should go to???
Do Makro sell?
Oh Velo I've heard of but not been to yet....

thanks
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I very much doubt that you will get a bike in your price range at Velo but they do have quality bikes for rent. Velo is my go to shop for repairs, servicing etc.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

-LA Bikes(Phetkasem and Soi 53)
Their lower priced bikes fall apart. That's my experience.

For sizing, look on the internet for how to size a bike to fit you.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m not sure of its name, but there’s a good bike shop just over half way between Hua Hin and Cha Am, on the left hand side if traveling from HH. They have a number of bikes from cheap to expensive, but like for like, fairly certain that they’re cheaper than those you mentioned you’d already looked at in HH.
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

So going North from Hua Hin, how far past say Palm Hills Golf?
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm -LA Bikes(Phetkasem and Soi 53)
Their lower priced bikes fall apart. That's my experience.

For sizing, look on the internet for how to size a bike to fit you.
Someone else told me that too(about LA)
He wouldn't even let me test ride a bike for 5 minutes that I was interested in.

Maybe because he knew that i may not be impressed by the test!

Re sizing I have done that and reports are a little conflicting. However whilst I want mountain bike style I know I won't actually do any proper mountain biking(all in the past for me now) so I can get a somewhat larger frame.

Velo- just been there now. He had a second hand Trek but the gear shifter was broken as were the front shocks. And even though its a Trek it was WELL worn and for 1000 baht more I can get a nice new Trinx.

I'm getting there..... slowly.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Gabe H Coud wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:34 pm So going North from Hua Hin, how far past say Palm Hills Golf?
I’d guess that it’s about 2kms past the Sheraton on the right and the FN outlet on the left - same side as the FN outlet
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Gabe H Coud wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:34 pm So going North from Hua Hin, how far past say Palm Hills Golf?
I’d guess that it’s about 2kms past the Sheraton on the right and the FN outlet on the left - same side as the FN outlet
Is it still there? If I remember rightly it was called Nimit Bike, a few hundred meters before Rama 6 camp (going north). Used to sell Chevrolet bikes. I remember it because I looked there when I bought a bike 7 years ago (not from there though). I don't recall seeing it recently.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhinner wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:22 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:
Is it still there? If I remember rightly it was called Nimit Bike, a few hundred meters before Rama 6 camp (going north). Used to sell Chevrolet bikes. I remember it because I looked there when I bought a bike 7 years ago (not from there though). I don't recall seeing it recently.
I imagine it's the shop you are talking about but went by it today. Can't miss it with all the bikes out front.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.