Superbru Premier League 2020-21

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.

Which do you prefer, Superbru or IKTS in the event that IKTS resurrects for the 2021-22 season?

Superbru
No votes
IKTS
100%

Total votes: 4

PeteC

Re: Superbru Premier League 2020-21

Post by PeteC »

Some didn't make their picks for this round going on right now. Still 20 minutes to make picks for the other 2 matches tonight.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:50 am Some didn't make their picks for this round going on right now. Still 20 minutes to make picks for the other 2 matches tonight.
Thanks for the heads up - Dai_L actually reminded me as well as he'd forgotten to do his!! :thumb:

[EDIT] Although seems we've both missed 4 matches...... :(
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Looking at the results for the last week. Pharvey with 5 correct and Dail with 6 correct. The bonus point is for correct results between 5 and 7. Does anyone know the reasons why? Seems a bit odd.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:46 pm Looking at the results for the last week. Pharvey with 5 correct and Dail with 6 correct. The bonus point is for correct results between 5 and 7. Does anyone know the reasons why? Seems a bit odd.
I think it just goes down to the fact that both DL and myself missed 4 of the predictions and were given 2 "default picks/points". We can't therefore be given a "Bonus Point" - all's fair, and all good fun! :thumb:

I've made my picks for the coming round which will no doubt enable me to regain my losses!! :D :neener: :thumb:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:11 am
lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:46 pm Looking at the results for the last week. Pharvey with 5 correct and Dail with 6 correct. The bonus point is for correct results between 5 and 7. Does anyone know the reasons why? Seems a bit odd.
I think it just goes down to the fact that both DL and myself missed 4 of the predictions and were given 2 "default picks/points". We can't therefore be given a "Bonus Point" - all's fair, and all good fun! :thumb:

I've made my picks for the coming round which will no doubt enable me to regain my losses!! :D :neener: :thumb:
That makes sense, good luck for this round.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Standings end of February

This is the yearly "Beware of Caller" warning. :laugh: He's come on strong like this near the 4th quarter and won IKTS a few times. We may all be chasing him in weeks to come.

phpNijGCWPM.jpg
phpNijGCWPM.jpg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 155 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

LOL! It won't last.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Haven't posted this for quite a while. Only four more rounds to go, and 2 months ago Caller said his voodoo would not last! :shock: :alien: :laugh:

phpdA1ffsPM.jpg
phpdA1ffsPM.jpg (31.43 KiB) Viewed 126 times
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It's all very close!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa, I'd rather be in your position.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Well in my opinion it is between Caller and Pete, the rest of us fighting for the crumbs
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm just lucky this game doesn't have 3 X Bankers or I'd be mid-table. That was my undoing year after year in IKTS as can't stay away from the damn things. :banghead:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

A poll has been created to see what people prefer, Superbru or IKTS, in the event IKTS comes back next season. :cheers:

Edit: I'll stay on top of the issue and report in due course, as well as look for other alternatives similar to IKTS. If anyone spots any, please post.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:59 pm A poll has been created to see what people prefer, Superbru or IKTS, in the event IKTS comes back next season. :cheers:

Edit: I'll stay on top of the issue and report in due course, as well as look for other alternatives similar to IKTS. If anyone spots any, please post.

It's a tough one - I've been a member of Superbru for many years and have joined/Captained quite a few competitions, which I've thoroughly enjoyed (and will do so again)! I think IKTS probably has the nod for the EPL for the way they do the Points/Bonus Points ("plusses & losses"), so have voted that way. If IKTS doesn't do things next season, then IMHO stick with Superbru - it's been fun and there's no need to look elsewhere.

And thanks for setting things up this season Pete! :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:52 pm
PeteC wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:59 pm A poll has been created to see what people prefer, Superbru or IKTS, in the event IKTS comes back next season. :cheers:

It's a tough one - I've been a member of Superbru for many years and have joined/Captained quite a few competitions, which I've thoroughly enjoyed (and will do so again)! I think IKTS probably has the nod for the EPL for the way they do the Points/Bonus Points ("plusses & losses"), so have voted that way. If IKTS doesn't do things next season, then IMHO stick with Superbru - it's been fun and there's no need to look elsewhere.

And thanks for setting things up this season Pete! :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
I agree IKTS better but superbru a close 2nd