Fiber internet with 3BB Hua Hin

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Fiber internet with 3BB Hua Hin

Post by Hahuahin »

Maybe I'm misinformed but why does 3bb say that fiber cannot be installed in my apartment / building when it is possible with AIS fiber. Is it not just the type of cable that needs to be replaced plus router?

Thank you in advance.
hahuahin
Big Boy

Re: Fiber internet with 3bb Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I would guess 3BB don't have a line into your apartment / building.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Buildings, housing developments, condos etc., seems to have an agreement with certain companies and they won't entertain allowing a competing company access. It could also be that the fiber providers have split up geographic areas by agreement.

BB was mentioning he had AIS in his house and even a street or two away others couldn't get it installed.

I've found from investigation that you can usually get anything, but you have to pay all the costs of running the wires either overhead or underground from their nearest control box, and sometimes actually pay to have a new control box system set up close to your location. You're talking 10's of thousands of baht to go that route.

I wanted to change from TOT to TRUE over here in Rayong and the cost would have been close to 200,000 Baht for all the trenching, control boxes and wiring. If you have lets say 20-30 houses who want the same thing then it's worth thinking about. Alone is foolish.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

When I upgraded 3BB to fibre. The company laid the cable (around half a km) and through the garden into the house. The cost of that and the new router was zero! Just the new monthly subscription. Only last week they upgraded my router FOC and I now get 300 download which is double what I was getting.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes HHTel, that's because you already had 3BB and they were established in your area. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

im renting in mid town area and i got a free uprade to fibre, new router and the cost to the owner was the same as what he was paying before. Speed was 12 now 42

HHTel 300 DL is that a typo?!!
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

ps to last mesage...3BB
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Gabe H Coud wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:07 am im renting in mid town area and i got a free uprade to fibre, new router and the cost to the owner was the same as what he was paying before. Speed was 12 now 42

HHTel 300 DL is that a typo?!!
Those speeds are really slow these days - are you sure it's fibre? If mine dropped to 42, I'd be on the phone, complaining.

Points 48; Position 20
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

im on ....

3BB FTTx 1000M/100M (GIGA Fiber)

is that what you call Fibre?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So why such low speeds?

Points 48; Position 20
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

OK so for when I call them what should i be getting ....100+ 200+?
i will assume you are 3BB too as is Tel

i know they connected a new overhead wire from Street to house just after i moved in
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, I am AIS, but have several friends who are on 3BB, and their speeds are far greater than mine.

Points 48; Position 20
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

yes i always think somethings awry when the upload is 50% faster than download. Then again I'm not qualified enough on such matters to make that assumption

I will cite the example of HHTel whi i assume is on same as me. Although he has an underground cable and I have an overhead wire, wonder if that makes a difference....will ask
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm not on an underground cable. 3BB strung the cable above ground (using the electricity poles) to my house.
I must say, 42 download is almost unheard of these days. I was getting more than that before fibre.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Reading this thread decided to test my speeds. Am in Khao Takiep and use True Fibre getting 63.3 download and 47.25 upload, is that good or bad or about average?