Premier League 2020-21

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2020-21

Post by dtaai-maai »

Zidane wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 am But how's about this scenario...
Suppose Spurs have a home game and they find out their is going to be a demonstration against the clubs owners.
They employ police in and around the stadium but they fail to stop a nutter with a gun getting inside who shoots both Harry Kane and Son Hueng-Min in the legs whilst the teams are coming out of the players tunnel.
The game is naturally postponed.
In the view of some of our "liberal" posters, what would be an appropriate punishment for The Spuds ??

A fine
A 12 point deduction
Relegation
:rasta:
No, just ban Kane and Son for the rest of the season.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:59 pm But surely the punishment should be against the offenders, not the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, but that isn't the way football has worked until now. It always seems to be the club that takes the rap.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:59 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:59 pm But surely the punishment should be against the offenders, not the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, but that isn't the way football has worked until now. It always seems to be the club that takes the rap.
Well they’ve obviously seen the light of day - it’s the senseless hooligans that need to be punished.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 pm
Zidane wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 am But how's about this scenario...
Suppose Spurs have a home game and they find out their is going to be a demonstration against the clubs owners.
They employ police in and around the stadium but they fail to stop a nutter with a gun getting inside who shoots both Harry Kane and Son Hueng-Min in the legs whilst the teams are coming out of the players tunnel.
The game is naturally postponed.
In the view of some of our "liberal" posters, what would be an appropriate punishment for The Spuds ??

A fine
A 12 point deduction
Relegation
:rasta:
No, just ban Kane and Son for the rest of the season.
:laugh: :rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm
caller wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am Who are you going to blame?
There are so many precedents of clubs being punished because of the behaviour of their fans, you shouldn't need to ask that question.
Other than the Scousers after Heysel please feel free to quote these many precedents.

Were Sheffield Wednesday sanctioned after Hillsborough? How many teams have had points deducted or relegated for fans behavior other than racist chanting?
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Topspin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:57 pm
Big Boy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm
caller wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am Who are you going to blame?
There are so many precedents of clubs being punished because of the behaviour of their fans, you shouldn't need to ask that question.
Other than the Scousers after Heysel please feel free to quote these many precedents.

Were Sheffield Wednesday sanctioned after Hillsborough? How many teams have had points deducted or relegated for fans behavior other than racist chanting?
The one that springs immediately to mind because I benefited, was Manchester Utd's home leg of the 1977-78 in the Cup Winners Cup against St Etienne. Are you saying racist chanting by fans is a different sort of crime?

Points 48; Position 20
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

You and other(s) are advocating that Man U should be banned,points deducted and/or relegated and you claim that there are many precedents to this but cannot provide any evidence of this other than some match 40 odd years ago in France where United fans had the indignity of travelling to some place south of Watford. And then you have the temerity to sidetrack the issue based on racism, and I won't even lower myself to answer that.

In future,when making claims, please arm yourself with evidence as some posters will call you out on unsubstantiated sweeping statements.

In the meantime I hope that the full force of the law comes down on the criminal element that marred a valid peaceful protest.
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Google is your friend (I'm sure I've seen you use that one before). Your answer is there if you care to look, but I won't argue with you any further, and I'll take my slap on the wrist for daring to disagree with you.

If the club get away with nothing, I feel they should count themselves very fortunate. However, I'm sure the rich owners will probably sort it for them.

Points 48; Position 20
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

Indeed it is, and the onus is on you to show examples as it was your claim, I merely called you out on it. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This closes the book concerning his relationship with the Premier league, at least for the next few seasons.

Jose Mourinho named Roma boss from start of next season

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56983649
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Topspin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:39 pm Indeed it is, and the onus is on you to show examples as it was your claim, I merely called you out on it. :cheers:
As you re to lazy to google I found these for you, there are more if you care to make an effort to look.

Glasgow club Celtic FC is well-known for its fans poor behaviour and the club itself has faced serious punishment as a result. Only a few months ago, the club was looking at playing in empty stadiums after fans let off a firework in the stadium and fought the riot police. UEFA’s disciplinary judging panel has had to deal with Celtic incidents five times in the last three years. In 2011/12, the club was fined £21,000 for displaying an offensive banner and setting off flares inside the stadium, and £13,000 for ‘illicit chanting’. In 2013, the club was fined £42,000 after fans brought another offensive banner into the stadium and £4,221 for setting off fireworks. Despite the punishments to the club, the so-called fans continue to behave poorly which leaves us questioning the effectiveness of club sanctions.

In 1985, the Heysel Stadium riot led to UEFA imposing a five-year ban on all English football clubs from the European competition. Of course, there was no fan misbehaviour during this time because there were no matches, but this hurts the game more than anything else. UEFA has imposed spectator bans on clubs in the past with Dynamo FC playing to an empty stadium in 2013 after the club was found guilty of racist conduct by supporters and Lazio copping a one-match spectator ban due to racist fans. Villareal was also fined 12,000 euros in May 2014, after fans threw a banana at Dani Alves.

In 2013, Milwall and Wigan fans broke out in several brawls, police were attacked and 12 arrests were made for offences which included possession of drugs and offensive weapons. The following day, Newcastle fans began rioting and attacking police and 29 arrests were made. Meanwhile, Manchester United fans ridiculed a minute’s applause dedicated to a fourteen year old Stoke fan who had passed away. Stoke fans responded with chants mocking the Munich Air Disaster where 23 United fans died.

In 2014, Russian club CSKA Moscow was ordered by UEFA to play its next three matches in empty stadiums. The club was also banned from selling tickets to away games and fined 200,000 euros for fans lighting flares and throwing missiles. Later that year, third division Greek football team Irodotos had 15 points deducted and was forced to play ten home matches in empty stadiums, as well as a ban on signing new players for the remainder of the season, after a fan was attacked by the home club’s fans, suffering severe head injuries and dying in hospital two weeks later.

While such fan misbehaviour is extremely prominent in football, it is evident all over the world in all kinds of different sports. In 2011, 140 people were injured and US$5M dollars worth of property damage was sustained after the Vancouver Stanley Cup riot. This is not uncommon, with sporting events now the leading cause of riots worldwide. Bad fan behaviour is not always violent, with laser lights shone at Australian goal kickers as they lined up for penalty attempts in the Wallabies game against the Argentinean Pumas.

In recent times, A-League fans have become increasingly violent with brawls in Melbourne between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers fans, and a Melbourne Victory fan stabbed by a Sydney FC fan post-game in 2013. NRL fans are also no strangers to brawls, the most memorable being Bulldogs fans during the mid 2000’s.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ @ Topspin - You've honestly given my @rse a headache.....

@ Lindosfan - Spot on response... :thumb:
PeteC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 am This closes the book concerning his relationship with the Premier league, at least for the next few seasons.

Jose Mourinho named Roma boss from start of next season

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56983649
Apparently saving Spurs millions! Reports have stated he was due something like £15-20 million in compensation after being sacked by Spurs, but as he's now gainfully employed once again after such a short period, the compensation will be vastly reduced. Christ, he may only get 2 or 3 million quid - poor barsteward! :cuss: :banghead:

Ludicrous money involved in the sport.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

lindosfan1 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:54 am
Topspin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:39 pm Indeed it is, and the onus is on you to show examples as it was your claim, I merely called you out on it. :cheers:
As you re to lazy to google I found these for you, there are more if you care to make an effort to look.

Glasgow club Celtic FC is well-known for its fans poor behaviour and the club itself has faced serious punishment as a result. Only a few months ago, the club was looking at playing in empty stadiums after fans let off a firework in the stadium and fought the riot police. UEFA’s disciplinary judging panel has had to deal with Celtic incidents five times in the last three years. In 2011/12, the club was fined £21,000 for displaying an offensive banner and setting off flares inside the stadium, and £13,000 for ‘illicit chanting’. In 2013, the club was fined £42,000 after fans brought another offensive banner into the stadium and £4,221 for setting off fireworks. Despite the punishments to the club, the so-called fans continue to behave poorly which leaves us questioning the effectiveness of club sanctions.

In 1985, the Heysel Stadium riot led to UEFA imposing a five-year ban on all English football clubs from the European competition. Of course, there was no fan misbehaviour during this time because there were no matches, but this hurts the game more than anything else. UEFA has imposed spectator bans on clubs in the past with Dynamo FC playing to an empty stadium in 2013 after the club was found guilty of racist conduct by supporters and Lazio copping a one-match spectator ban due to racist fans. Villareal was also fined 12,000 euros in May 2014, after fans threw a banana at Dani Alves.

In 2013, Milwall and Wigan fans broke out in several brawls, police were attacked and 12 arrests were made for offences which included possession of drugs and offensive weapons. The following day, Newcastle fans began rioting and attacking police and 29 arrests were made. Meanwhile, Manchester United fans ridiculed a minute’s applause dedicated to a fourteen year old Stoke fan who had passed away. Stoke fans responded with chants mocking the Munich Air Disaster where 23 United fans died.

In 2014, Russian club CSKA Moscow was ordered by UEFA to play its next three matches in empty stadiums. The club was also banned from selling tickets to away games and fined 200,000 euros for fans lighting flares and throwing missiles. Later that year, third division Greek football team Irodotos had 15 points deducted and was forced to play ten home matches in empty stadiums, as well as a ban on signing new players for the remainder of the season, after a fan was attacked by the home club’s fans, suffering severe head injuries and dying in hospital two weeks later.

While such fan misbehaviour is extremely prominent in football, it is evident all over the world in all kinds of different sports. In 2011, 140 people were injured and US$5M dollars worth of property damage was sustained after the Vancouver Stanley Cup riot. This is not uncommon, with sporting events now the leading cause of riots worldwide. Bad fan behaviour is not always violent, with laser lights shone at Australian goal kickers as they lined up for penalty attempts in the Wallabies game against the Argentinean Pumas.

In recent times, A-League fans have become increasingly violent with brawls in Melbourne between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers fans, and a Melbourne Victory fan stabbed by a Sydney FC fan post-game in 2013. NRL fans are also no strangers to brawls, the most memorable being Bulldogs fans during the mid 2000’s.
And did any of those incidents, other than Heysel and some 3rd div Greek side :naughty: , result in ANY club having points deducted or relegated which is what you want for the Man U incident. You call me lazy, are you so stupid that you can't see the point of my argument? :banghead:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Oh, the arse is now getting a full on migraine......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Topspin wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:25 am
lindosfan1 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:54 am

And did any of those incidents, other than Heysel and some 3rd div Greek side :naughty: , result in ANY club having points deducted or relegated which is what you want for the Man U incident. You call me lazy, are you so stupid that you can't see the point of my argument? :banghead:
Yes I called you lazy, because it is a fact. If you had bothered to read what I posted you would see clubs have been punished. There are more to be found if you google. Sorry I forgot you are a lazy git who cannot be bothered. Therefore nor can bothered by talking to an idiot anymore. :troll: :rant:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.