Premier League 2020-21

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: Premier League 2020-21

Post by pharvey »

OK, not exactly "Premier League", but saw this today which brought a smile....

As someone else noticed, Mourinho last 6 clubs were: -

C helsea
I nter
R eal
C helsea
U nited
S purs

Sums it up really..............

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Honestly gonna give up on football.

Over the past week or so, due to the unpredictable nature of spurs, I have been switching allegiances somewhat. PSG came first. Come on Poch! Do the business. Out. Never mind, Real Madrid won't let me down... out. Hold up a minute, Leicester are dropping a lot of points. If Spurs can nick a win here then you nev--

Should have known better. No problem, I'm in West Ham most days passing the stadium on my way. Be great to see them in the Champions league. West Ham 0 - 1 Everton.

Just non bloody stop. Failure. Disappointment. Every team I get behind suddenly loses the ability to play football.

Time to throw in the towel. :mrgreen:

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^A fair weather football fan... Try Man City.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:22 am ^^A fair weather football fan... Try Man City.
Nah, that's taking it one step too far. Can only get behind a foreign club against the enemy or a local team. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much stuck with Spurs in the Premier. Waiting for a sugar daddy to come along and do a United/City/Chelsea/Liverpool with the spuds. 'Tis the only way. Can only buy success. (Leicester being an exception).

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Lost wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:37 am Honestly gonna give up on football.

Over the past week or so, due to the unpredictable nature of spurs, I have been switching allegiances somewhat. PSG came first. Come on Poch! Do the business. Out. Never mind, Real Madrid won't let me down... out. Hold up a minute, Leicester are dropping a lot of points. If Spurs can nick a win here then you nev--

Should have known better. No problem, I'm in West Ham most days passing the stadium on my way. Be great to see them in the Champions league. West Ham 0 - 1 Everton.

Just non bloody stop. Failure. Disappointment. Every team I get behind suddenly loses the ability to play football.

Time to throw in the towel. :mrgreen:

Lost, you`d probably miss the ring
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:22 pm Lost, you`d probably miss the ring
Careful, sexist and homophobic quotes like that could get you in trouble these days!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:48 am Can only buy success. (Leicester being an exception).
Having the owner of King Power as owner helps a lot.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

United fans outside the stadium tonight putting their foot down. :laugh:

Screenshot_20210513_201303.jpg
(194.22 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Unmissable: Eric Dier talking about his vegetable garden... :laugh:

At least he knows his mates won't take the piss. 8)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/57138071

And for those of you who keep droning on about Spurs lack of trophies, you'll be pleased to know we are top of the Premier League Sustainability table... :oops:
This is the way
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Harry Kane again tells Tottenham he wants to leave as Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea lie in wait

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ie-in-wait
YNWA
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

huahin4ever wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:39 am Harry Kane again tells Tottenham he wants to leave as Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea lie in wait

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ie-in-wait
Perfectly understandable. Obviously I hope he can be persuaded to wait another year, but if not I wish him the best of luck.

The question is, who can afford him? With 3 years left on his contract, he won't come cheap - well north of 100 million I imagine, and Levy is no pushover.

Chelsea? Unlikely, unless he's desperate to stay in London. Man City is most likely to meet his requirements domestically.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:26 amThe question is, who can afford him? With 3 years left on his contract, he won't come cheap - well north of 100 million I imagine, and Levy is no pushover.

Chelsea? Unlikely, unless he's desperate to stay in London. Man City is most likely to meet his requirements domestically.
Sums up the problem with the sport - how the hell is he or any other player worth "well north of 100 million"? Guessing he's pushing 30? I reckon BB would be happy to see him playing for Plymouth :D :wink: , though doubt Harry would be happy with the wages..... :duck:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

BB doesn't rate Kane, so Plymouth is not an option. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He's only 27, I think. If it was all about the money, Harry would have gone a couple of years ago instead of signing a long contract with Spurs.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No worries about him playing for Plymouth. I wouldn't see it because I wouldn't watch. :D

Seriously, best of luck to whoever he cons into paying the cash for him. As an example, I was watching Man Utd a couple of weeks ago, and they were talking about spending the cash to bring in Captain Harry. Why? I don't support any Premier League team, but find myself watching Man Utd regularly because my son supports them. I look at the Man Utd team and wonder where he would fit in. With players such as Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood, just to name a few, those guys put in so much effort in every game. I can only see Captain Harry being a passenger and a liability to a big club.

Of course, if he moves to Man Utd, I will find unfortunately myself watching him more often, and may eventually see what others see in the guy. However, I can see him being little more than a passenger, and become a very expensive bench warmer.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well Cavani is 34 so even though he’s a good player, by far, his best years are behind him.

Not only is Kane up there with Salah vying as top goal scorer this year, he high up with the number of assists. In fact this year he’s been criticised for playing too deep to help the team out. He’s been top goal scorer in two of the past 5 seasons and has a very good goal conversion rate for England.

Like him or not, statistically he’s one of the most efficient goal scorers there is, but if you’ve made your mind up that he’s no good, I realise that nothing I or anybody else says, is likely to change your view