TVMucho Price Hike

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: TVMucho Price Hike

Post by Dannie Boy »

So what are you using instead of TV Mucho? (Edit) I see you’re relying on AIS, but you had that before didn’t you?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And a few downloads. In the time it takes to put something to the TVMucho cloud, I can have something downloaded. Crazy thing is, this entire initiative by TVMucho apart from raising the price from 48 to 108 Euros per annum was to avoid piracy.

I had decided that providing the new service worked as well as the old service it was still worth 108 Euros, but they totally killed it for me.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:39 pm TVMucho apart from raising the price from 48 to 108 Euros per annum was to avoid piracy.
Is pricing different per region BB? I've just had another look (from the UK) and per year it's 71.88 Euros for a single screen and 143.88 for 4 screens.

[EDIT] I've previously signed up in the UK (monthly basis) for use overseas, so regional pricing would be strange....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My rate this year was 48 Euros. The price rise was 60 Euros (withheld for 1 year). It was explained in my Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:49 pm post above.

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 pm My rate this year was 48 Euros. The price rise was 60 Euros (withheld for 1 year). It was explained in my Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:49 pm post above.
Fair enough BB, but the pricing still doesn't "add up" - the pricing shown now ([EDIT] that I'm seeing in the UK) neither equates with your original or the "price hike". I'd assume you must have had a special offer when originally signing up which makes the hike look worse?

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, I've just read it again, and can't decide if the new price was 60 Euros or the increase was 60 Euros. Either way, no backup makes it useless to me.

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:54 pm Actually, I've just read it again, and can't decide if the new price was 60 Euros or the increase was 60 Euros. Either way, no backup makes it useless to me.
Certainly understand your point of view - I just didn't want to sign up again without knowing what was going on (hidden charges etc). That said, would never be a big loss as I only ever go month-month! :thumb:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

I've been with TV Mucho for about 2 1/2 years now and feel they've been excellent - oustanding customer service too. The added bonus for me was that, for a modest extra charge, I also get all the Irish channels.
I'm also disappointed with the discontinuation of back-up and the inconvenience of pre-recording. I wrote and told them this. I received a reply today as follows:

Hi Barry,

We totally understand your point. We tried to save the "Record All" feature, unfortunately, under intense pressure from select players within the broadcasting industry, we must discontinue that service. So without us doing these changes, our company is being threatened to be closed by these broadcasters. Clearly, there is no option left for us but to comply. I hope you do understand why we need to make these changes.

As per our CEO's last email, we have asked our lawyers whether the Later service can offer you sophisticated scheduling and full-day recording. If this is approved, you could for example schedule to record a whole day or a block of TV, e.g. BBC from 5 to 11 PM on Fridays and ITV on Saturday and on Monday a Dave program, so you will never miss your favorite TV. We will keep you posted on updates to the Later service.

So it appears they've been forced into this. I've prepaid my subscription until October 2020, so I'll stick with them until then and see if they come up with any workarounds in the meantime. It's a shame, but at least they're legal and honest, which is a lot more than you can say about (most of) the others.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, I too rated TVMucho. In fact the way they have dealt with my displeasure has been excellent- customer service at its best. 11 month's subscription have been refunded to my account, and I am sitting here getting my daily 1 hour fix of Sky News from TVMucho free of charge - a good result.
Sky News is on YouTube, with a 12 hour timeline.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

1 hour each morning is fine for me, and I still get that on the free TVMucho service.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:23 pm 1 hour each morning is fine for me, and I still get that on the free TVMucho service.
If you watched 30 minutes of Sky news in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening, I reckon 95% of it would be the same, so if an hour In one go suits your schedule, you won’t be missing out on much!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly once a day is enough :D

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been told the old TVMucho URL is being rejected by some systems. An alternative URL is https://sat.tvmucho.com.

Points 48; Position 20
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

I've been using TVMucho for a few years now and have always been very happy with the reliability. Any issues were sorted out very quickly....

HOWEVER, the service has been pretty much unwatchable for the last month or so due to constant buffering.

Although customer service is still as prompt in their response as ever, I feel we're just going round in circles.....
Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Anyone else having problems signing into TVMucho now Teeveeing?