New passport - Thai driving license not expired

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Re: New passport - Thai driving license not expired

Post by Hahuahin »

Checked with Pranburi today and they actually said not bother and save the money when need to renew license but if I wanted it done they needed to see confirmed address (Residence Certificate)
hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

I went today. 45 minutes and Thb 110,- for two licenses but as mentioned previously needed Certificate of Residence and copies of actual pages in new passport.
hahuahin
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Hahuahin wrote:I went today. 45 minutes and Thb 110,- for two licenses but as mentioned previously needed Certificate of Residence and copies of actual pages in new passport.
hahuahin
You obviously wanted the reassurance even though you had been advised by the License Office it was necessary - strange but no doubt you’ll sleep sounder tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 pm
Hahuahin wrote:I went today. 45 minutes and Thb 110,- for two licenses but as mentioned previously needed Certificate of Residence and copies of actual pages in new passport.
hahuahin
You obviously wanted the reassurance even though you had been advised by the License Office it was necessary - strange but no doubt you’ll sleep sounder tonight
Yes, and in doing so bring it to the attention of some government bod with nothing better to do than make it a "new rule" just for Farangs to fork out some more cash! :roll:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I must say that after the Transport Office said you didn't need to bother, just why did you go through all the hassle anyway??!!!
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 pm
hahuahin

Well let say I sometimes (actually mentioned it in first post) rent a car from one of the International car rental chains and there you now and then have great staff other times they are less great and to avoid eventually a reason to a argument about new passport/passport number/old passport number/ driving license. Btw, I think it was very little hassle with spending totally 11/2 hour this morning to Pranburi and back. Also would add that the transport office didn't advice me but a staff told me on phone don't bother "save the money". So I allowed me to take that with a pinch of salt whatever the law say.
Finally I did not ask on this forum what the law say and I didn't ask the staff at transport office what the law say, I asked if it was possible to change passport number details on a valid driving license so it would be in compliance with the new passport. No I don't think I sleep better or worse tonight but if better, its because I got it the way I wanted. :wink: