Air filter for lawn mower.

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Air filter for lawn mower.

Post by HHTel »

Does anyone where I can buy locally? Or is this a job for Lazada.
The problem is that there are so many different filters. The filter on my mower is the same type as on a Briggs and Stratton but not sure if they're a standard size. Better if I can take the old one to a shop.
PeteC

Re: Air filter for lawn mower.

Post by PeteC »

A lot of times mower air filters can be cleaned and washed rather than replacing it. Depends upon the material.

If you have to replace it, take it out and take a photo of it on your phone and go to the shops that sell mowers. If it's common they should have it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:27 pm Does anyone where I can buy locally? Or is this a job for Lazada.
The problem is that there are so many different filters. The filter on my mower is the same type as on a Briggs and Stratton but not sure if they're a standard size. Better if I can take the old one to a shop.
There is no "standard" type of air filter, lawn mower or otherwise. Some are made from foam and can be cleaned or washed, some are just paper, some are pleated paper which increases the total area. Lawn mowers should have a "snorkel", or extension tube up the control handle with the filter on the top of the extension.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Tried washing it. Not a good idea with this particular one. I'll take it with me and do a tour of 'mower' shops.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry Nereus, you posted at the same time as I did. It's the pleated type. Looking on Lazada and others it looks exactly like the ones sold for Briggs and Stratton motors.

Washing it basically destroyed it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, where did you end up getting what you needed HH? Could be useful info for others.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've not got around to it yet. With all this rain, the grass is growing but too wet to cut. I'll have to get it done in the next week or so. Thanks for the reminder.