The annual butterfly migration

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

The annual butterfly migration

Post by wenshidi »

There are thousands upon thousands of white butterflies flying past my window as I write this, and I can remember seeing the exact same event last year, albeit in a different part of the city.

Are there any nature lovers here that can can tell me more about this fascinating yearly migration?
I only know that they are all heading north, but I am not sure where they are coming from, or where they are going.
I am also not sure if it happens on the same day every year or if it was maybe triggered by yesterday's heavy rains?
Any insights would be most appreciated.
PeteC

Re: The annual butterfly migration

Post by PeteC »

.....Last but not least, let’s go to Suan Durian Land in Chanthaburi, in addition to the buffet of fresh fruits, there is cozy accommodation with a mountain view, a coffee shop, and an area for Adventure activities, which is perfect for a colourful trip. After filling our stomach, we continue our trip to Kaeng Krachan national park in Phetchaburi, where we can be among thousands of butterflies in a cozy atmosphere because it’s during the butterfly watching season. If anyone wants to see butterflies while camping, May is the perfect month to begin your trip because there will be the largest butterfly migration. Sometimes the number of butterflies that migrates can be over a 100,000 with more than 200 species. After this period, the number of butterflies will start to decrease. You can also see the sea of mist at Khao Phanoen Thung in Kaeng Krachan National Park.....

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Articles/thailand-may
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Thank you