Tv possibilities with AIS

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Tv possibilities with AIS

Post by Hahuahin »

I allow me to ask if there are any way I can see TV programs from abroad with AIS Internet connection? I'm not very technical so would be grateful for how to proceed if possible!

Thanks in advance.
hahuahin
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Tv possibilities with AIS

Post by Dannie Boy »

Hahuahin wrote:I allow me to ask if there are any way I can see TV programs from abroad with AIS Internet connection? I'm not very technical so would be grateful for how to proceed if possible!

Thanks in advance.
hahuahin
I’m assuming you want to watch TV programmes from your home country whilst here in Thailand - assuming so, then the easiest way is probably to subscribe to one of the many VPN providers and then log into a server from your home country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thread here about VPN providers. Start at page #9 and work backwards.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21434
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you are looking for live TV, then, yes, a VPN is as good as anything.

If you are looking for TV programmes that originated in your own country, I suggest you explore the AIS Playbox option. There's a huge array of TV channels available in both Thai and English, and it's not expensive either.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:36 pm
Hahuahin wrote:I allow me to ask if there are any way I can see TV programs from abroad with AIS Internet connection? I'm not very technical so would be grateful for how to proceed if possible!

Thanks in advance.
hahuahin
I’m assuming you want to watch TV programmes from your home country whilst here in Thailand - assuming so, then the easiest way is probably to subscribe to one of the many VPN providers and then log into a server from your home country.

Thanks for replying. Programs from home country is not necessary and I would be happy with BBC and/or CNN and a International sport channel, a movie channel will be a plus but not a priority. I'm used to a cable TV where I lived previously and in addition to all the Thai channels it had BBC,CNN, a Dutch channel, German channel and HBO that was okay for my interest in Tv.
hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

PeteC wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:28 pm Thread here about VPN providers. Start at page #9 and work backwards.

The Expressvpn could be okay but I want to see the programs on the TV screen not on my laptop so what do I need in addition to the vpn to get this connected to my TV? As said I'm technically not to advanced :oops: or interested in spending time to have cables around the living room and the need to connecting this and that only to look International news on TV and now and then sport or a movie. Yes hopeless old fashion I know. :|
hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:55 pm If you are looking for live TV, then, yes, a VPN is as good as anything.

If you are looking for TV programmes that originated in your own country, I suggest you explore the AIS Playbox option. There's a huge array of TV channels available in both Thai and English, and it's not expensive either.
Do you know if that can be done with the lowest AIS Internet subscription?
hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think it can, but easy to nip in and ask them. I went for a better package, but I'm pretty sure it was available with the cheaper package. Even the cheapest packages can handle this sort of thing these days.

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Hahuahin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:06 am
PeteC wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:28 pm Thread here about VPN providers. Start at page #9 and work backwards.

The Expressvpn could be okay but I want to see the programs on the TV screen not on my laptop so what do I need in addition to the vpn to get this connected to my TV? As said I'm technically not to advanced :oops: or interested in spending time to have cables around the living room and the need to connecting this and that only to look International news on TV and now and then sport or a movie. Yes hopeless old fashion I know. :|
hahuahin
I would explore the options Big Boy is talking about first. With a VPN you would need a Smart TV with the VPN application installed, or hook your laptop with the VPN up to your TV. It's not complicated, just detailed. The AIS Playbox may be better for you.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote:
Hahuahin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:06 am

hahuahin
I would explore the options Big Boy is talking about first. With a VPN you would need a Smart TV with the VPN application installed, or hook your laptop with the VPN up to your TV. It's not complicated, just detailed. The AIS Playbox may be better for you.
But if BB’s suggestion doesn’t work, all you need is an HDMI cable to connect between your TV and laptop

Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:46 pm I think it can, but easy to nip in and ask them. I went for a better package, but I'm pretty sure it was available with the cheaper package. Even the cheapest packages can handle this sort of thing these days.
Okay, thanks will try that route first.
hahuahin :)
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

The following link gives details of the pricing and channels:

https://www.ais.co.th/play/en/package.html
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It says become a member on all of those premium channels at the top of the channel listings. We receive all of them as part of the package.

Points 51; Position 21
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Eh...m ( I rent all inclusive) Found out today that I actually have the AIS play box :oops: In the condominium there are a Samsung Smart TV and a black box on the TV shelf which is named AIS play box plus a small remote and of course the router which is possible to use for both cable and wi-fi. Well guess this is how it is when not up to date on todays media opportunities. I also found the documents which show that the landlord installed this in 2017 and the monthly cost that time was Thb 888,- and the second choice to mark for of the packages to choose on that contract.
I made tonight to get wifi connection to the TV but from there to see TV :? So will contact AIS for help to complete set it up! Anyway at last on right track after months with only national TV channels and more or less given up the possibilities to watch International TV channels :)

hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Hmm....easier said than done this things. I get Internet and TV connected but how do I get the set up on screen on the TV and then the extra channels from play box. As soon as I set on the TV the usual local channels is al to be seen. Btw, the Play box package is limited (Play family I think its called) but there is CNN and some movie channels plus lifestyle channels. Enough for me if I could get it going. Have contacted AIS but they must be either extremely busy or as the answer have been: "its already set up in your condo" :o :?
If anyone have tips about what error I very possible do in the set up process I'm grateful for info!
hahuahin :)