Covid questions for the forum

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Covid questions for the forum

Post by Dannie Boy »

oakdale160 wrote:Next question
How will the rules change for those vaccinated after the vaccine is available.

Will they be able to travel with no isolation on arrival

When it comes there should be a badge you can wear.
Like everybody else on the Forum, we can only guess - you’d expect it to be relatively free of any other restrictions providing you could provide an official vaccination certificate, but as we know from experience, that doesn’t always apply here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

the Virus Vs. The Postal Service

Post by handdrummer »

My conspiracy theory question of the day.

Has the Corona Virus decimated the postal service world wide?

A letter was sent to me from the US, March 4th. It has not arrived.
I sent a letter to the US, April 2nd. It has not arrived.
A book was sent to me, from the UK, Feb. 24th. It has not arrived.
A package was sent to me, from Bangkok, Apr. 29th. It has not arrived.

Anyone else having problems with mail delivery?

Is there a nefarious plot to end the postal service worldwide?

I know that the US postmaster, Eric DeJoy, a misnomer if there ever was one, a Trump appointee, is doing his best to destroy the US postal service and turn it into a private for profit industry. Is this happening elsewhere?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Several packages from BKK via Thai post over the last few weeks have all arrived on time. I can't comment on international mail.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I get regular packages from the US. They are arriving slower, perhaps twice the time compared to the past, but they are arriving.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Wasn’t there an announcement recently that (some/all) international postal services had been suspended for a few weeks?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, this was letter informing us:
post.jpg
post.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

If I remember rightly, that break in service was due to finish on May 5th but I haven't seen confirmation that normal service has been resumed.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Even if the suspension finished on time there would be quite a backlog to clear.

Mail to me from the US has been iffy all year. UK not so bad.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

In other words, we may or may not receive mail and mail sent, may or may not be delivered.
The "New Normal."
A catch phrase for every occasion.
Sounds like an ad for Hallmark greeting cards.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Re: the Virus Vs. The Postal Service

Post by Hahuahin »

handdrummer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:01 am My conspiracy theory question of the day.

Has the Corona Virus decimated the postal service world wide?

A letter was sent to me from the US, March 4th. It has not arrived.
I sent a letter to the US, April 2nd. It has not arrived.
A book was sent to me, from the UK, Feb. 24th. It has not arrived.
A package was sent to me, from Bangkok, Apr. 29th. It has not arrived.

Anyone else having problems with mail delivery?

Is there a nefarious plot to end the postal service worldwide?

I know that the US postmaster, Eric DeJoy, a misnomer if there ever was one, a Trump appointee, is doing his best to destroy the US postal service and turn it into a private for profit industry. Is this happening elsewhere?
a)Yes
b)everything shall be digital nowadays so there will be trouble if the digital operators dont know how to operate the system and thereby delayed parcels if they not are scanned but pile up in a container at Suv...umi
c) Dont know worldwide but in some European countries post delivery are now only 3 days a week.
CWinUK
Novice
Novice

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by CWinUK »

Hello Boys & Girls - hope you are all well there in HH.

I’ll get straight to the point- my wife & I first came to HH in 2006 and immediately fell in love with the place.
A few holidays later - twice a year when we didn’t have kids - we got married on the beach and have kept coming back since - we’ve been all over Thailand but feel like HH is home.

We have had loads of after dinner chats about retiring to HH but in our early 50’s with 2 kids (11 & 9 yrs old) it has never felt like a pressing subject.

I’ve logged into this forum now and again for many a year now - just to get a feel for Hua Hin & Thailand as it keeps us feeling connected.

So here is my point- the political situation in the UK is now desperate- really scary.

I am thinking about coming out in the next few weeks - understand I have to do the ASQ in BKK or Phuket for 2 Weeks - but would really appreciate you’re thoughts about how realistic my plans are.

Once I’ve done my ASQ - can I come to HH and move about freely- look at houses to rent/buy? Or is this going to be really difficult? Am I just jumping out of the frying pan into a fire?

Would really appreciate some of your advice and opinions - thanks guys.

CW
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

CWinUK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:35 am Hello Boys & Girls - hope you are all well there in HH.

I’ll get straight to the point- my wife & I first came to HH in 2006 and immediately fell in love with the place.
A few holidays later - twice a year when we didn’t have kids - we got married on the beach and have kept coming back since - we’ve been all over Thailand but feel like HH is home.

We have had loads of after dinner chats about retiring to HH but in our early 50’s with 2 kids (11 & 9 yrs old) it has never felt like a pressing subject.

I’ve logged into this forum now and again for many a year now - just to get a feel for Hua Hin & Thailand as it keeps us feeling connected.

So here is my point- the political situation in the UK is now desperate- really scary.

I am thinking about coming out in the next few weeks - understand I have to do the ASQ in BKK or Phuket for 2 Weeks - but would really appreciate you’re thoughts about how realistic my plans are.

Once I’ve done my ASQ - can I come to HH and move about freely- look at houses to rent/buy? Or is this going to be really difficult? Am I just jumping out of the frying pan into a fire?

CW
I’m sure you’ll get lots of responses on your question, but a few of my thoughts.

Although you can still move around the area relatively freely, if you’ve been reading the various Covid threads you will know that Thailand and the area close to Hua Hin is still in the grip of the third wave and numbers are definitely not decreasing. The situation regarding vaccinations is hopeless compared to the UK - I’m assuming you and your wife are already double vaccinated but not your children (they are considered low risk anyway). Schooling for your children could be an issue - there has been considerable disruption here over the past year and is still ongoing.

Based on the current situation, I would not recommend that you consider relocating to Thailand - maybe this time next year when hopefully things will be closer to “normal” then reconsider.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:27 am
CWinUK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:35 am Hello Boys & Girls - hope you are all well there in HH.

CW
I’m sure you’ll get lots of responses on your question, but a few of my thoughts.

Although you can still move around the area relatively freely, if you’ve been reading the various Covid threads you will know that Thailand and the area close to Hua Hin is still in the grip of the third wave and numbers are definitely not decreasing. The situation regarding vaccinations is hopeless compared to the UK - I’m assuming you and your wife are already double vaccinated but not your children (they are considered low risk anyway). Schooling for your children could be an issue - there has been considerable disruption here over the past year and is still ongoing.

Based on the current situation, I would not recommend that you consider relocating to Thailand - maybe this time next year when hopefully things will be closer to “normal” then reconsider.
I agree with DB, I would definitely wait until things settle down, as numbers are increasing (and they will still) so are the restrictions.
Having said that to answer your question yes you can move freely around Hua Hin for the moment but for how long ? It changes everyday so keep an eye open and don't rush into any decisions yet.
:cheers:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Post by thecolonel »

*Please move post if necessary *

What with this latest lockdown until September 1 earliest, I can't be the only one on here who is considering returning to the UK for a month or two. So I'm looking to discuss that here with anyone who is in the know

So....

I'm not up to speed on travel restrictions... (numbered for reply/discussion)

1. Assume no restrictions on flights out of Bangkok

2. Any restrictions getting into UK? Mandatory quarantine?

3. How quickly would I get a jab(or 2)in UK? (Age 60)

4. Returning to Thailand. This is clearly the important part. What do I need to get back in? 1 jab, 2 jabs? Quarantine? Mandatory health/travel insurance (i have visa). I don't want to leave if its just too risky getting back in

Yes, I can google all this but interested if anyone else researched this, particularly recently, and has any comments. Perhaps they've even gone back(to Europe) already and can advise better of situation.

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Flights out of BKK are what they are. You need a covid free test within 72 hours of departure. Do not use airlines that transit through the Gulf states as the UK will deem you to have been in a red zone 10 days prior to arrival and you'll have to do the UK equivalent of an ASQ hotel stay. The cost is 1,750 GBP.

For full travel details to the UK see here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... ng-england

Thailand's amber, at the moment.

Don't know about getting vaccinated in the UK.

Getting back here, you'll need a Certificate of Entry which is obtained from The Thai Embassy in London. For that, you'll have to show 100,000 USD of health insurance that covers covid, your ASQ hotel booked if staying anywhere else than Phuket. If you're fully vaccinated, you've got the Phuket sandbox. I'm not fully au fait with that. The Thai Embassy website should have full details.

If you went back, you always run the risk that things may change drastically here whilst away that could put your return date back significantly.

I looked at returning a month or so ago and the above is what I came up with. I might be missing a few other things but hopefully others can fill you in.