Virtual tour of Thailand

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Virtual tour of Thailand

Post by PeteC »

Sit back, relax, and tour the country in 3D from your home. Something different and interesting. The individual links are not rendering properly below because of their type. Go to the Bangkok Post story link to access them more easily.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/1910 ... tual-tours

Aiming to promote tourism during the Covid-19 outbreak, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched 3D virtual tours for 13 attractions in nine provinces.

The 3D technology is owned by the California-based company Matterport; as a result, each link contains the company's name. Unfortunately, there is no single access point that groups every virtual tour into one link. When clicking on each link, it will lead you directly to the destination.

At the bottom left, you will see icons for viewing the floorplan and using measurements. At the bottom right, a virtual reality icon is displayed. When you visit each place on your screen, you will have a 360-degree view and can walk around by using your cursor. Unfortunately, only some places have information about its historical background or details of the displayed items.

The 3D virtual tour may give you a picture about the place, which may encourage you to visit some of them in the future. The attractions are categorised by regions as follows:

The North

* Wat Sri Chum in Sukhothai ( my.matterport.com/show/?m=ruEmMGCJm4F )
* Wat Nantaram in Phayao (my.matterport.com/show/?m=jDKip5q2De5)
* Khum Chao Luang in Phrae (my.matterport.com/show/?m=8EAcEFrHGnK)

The Northeast

* Phimai Historical Park in Nakhon Ratchasima (my.matterport.com/show/?m=V44VuGQKkpi)

The Central region

* Wat Bang Kung in Samut Songkhram (my.matterport.com/show/?m=UQFG5gdnchr)
* King Narai's Palace in Lop Buri (my.matterport.com/show/?m=m55sbctmG5A)
* Somdet Phra Narai National Museum, which consists of two links: my.matterport.com/show/?m=RctaFCRs9SQ and my.matterport.com/show/?m=S29EzkBGR73 for the two exhibition halls.

The East

* Prasat Sdok Kok Thom in Sa Kaeo (my.matterport.com/show/?m=317LDPNkbeP)
* Aow Khung Kraben in Chanthaburi, which comprises two sites: my.matterport.com/show/?m=1wz5skawDQU and my.matterport.com/show/?m=YcBUfyy5oFS for different zones of mangrove trails.

The South

* Residence of Phatthalung's ruler in Phatthalung (my.matterport.com/show/?m=81eMh2nMA3p)
* Ban Than Khun in Nakhon Si Thammarat (my.matterport.com/show/?m=JieH2gXeFU3)
* Ban Nang Talung or the puppet shadow house in Nakhon Si Thammarat (my.matterport.com/show/?m=tMwFoApoP3G)
* Wat Mahathat in Nakhon Si Thammarat (my.matterport.com/show/?m=nsqFQXikdVe).

To make sure you can visit the places virtually, you need to have a web browser that supports Web Graphics Library, a JavaScript API for rendering high-performance interactive 3D graphics, or visit the support service of Matterport at bit.ly/3eNfXVN.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source