A Covid-19 experience

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
PeteC

Re: A Covid-19 experience

Post by PeteC »

In addition to the above, the wife argued endlessly but was simply ignored by the authorities in spacesuits who took his body away. They weren't interested at all in his medical history or the cancer that he had. :cuss:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I just asked my daughter in the UK if that kind of thing happens there. This is what she said:
It definitely was though not sure now, if they had covid in the 28 days before death it got put on the death certificate. Yes even if they got hit by a bus.
So I'd guess to date it's been widespread. Fear monging ?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:17 pm I just asked my daughter in the UK if that kind of thing happens there. This is what she said:
It definitely was though not sure now, if they had covid in the 28 days before death it got put on the death certificate. Yes even if they got hit by a bus.
So I'd guess to date it's been widespread. Fear mongering ?
In this country, with this government, I'd say it's more about desire to control than fear mongering.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think this is just Thailand. What I'm about to write may upset a few. I'm not sure whether I agree with what follows, but it is my understanding

I know people in the UK who willingly had Covid put on the Death Certificate. No autopsy, in fact no anything. Basically straight into the incinerator - no fuss, but more importantly, very little cost. It sounds very harsh, but all of the trimmings will not bring the person back to life.

In many cases, I don't think fear mongering came into it. It was a pure financial decision.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

PeteC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:28 pm
HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:17 pm I just asked my daughter in the UK if that kind of thing happens there. This is what she said:
So I'd guess to date it's been widespread. Fear mongering ?
In this country, with this government, I'd say it's more about desire to control than fear mongering.
OR; more what is happeneing in China, so must be the right thing to do. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

( ^ 2) That leads into the thinking, at least here where I know it's available, to take out a Covid death policy large enough to choke a horse. Then if you become terminal with something make sure your family or friends find a way to infect you with Covid on your death bed.

If they're going to say you died from it, let your descendants enjoy the windfall!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Just because COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate it doesn't mean that the certificate is stating that it's the cause of death. Comorbidities are often mentioned.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhinner wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:51 pm Just because COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate it doesn't mean that the certificate is stating that it's the cause of death. Comorbidities are often mentioned.
Not here, not in the case I described. One example is enough for me to conclude it's SOP in this country.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

According to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/what-to-do- ... n-thailand a post mortem examination is usually required after the death of non-thais in Thailand.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:
hhinner wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:51 pm Just because COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate it doesn't mean that the certificate is stating that it's the cause of death. Comorbidities are often mentioned.
Not here, not in the case I described. One example is enough for me to conclude it's SOP in this country.
You've seen the death certificate? There should still be the matter of a post-mortem.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What are you talking about? He's been cremated already the day after death. There is no post-anything. My wife has been in endless visits and talks with his wife over the past 48 hours, they live about 200 meters from us. :banghead: He went from the house to the Wat with no stops in between for any autopsy regardless of the law that apparently says foreigners must have one done. I doubt they even notified the British embassy before his cremation.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

If they're going to say you died from it, let your descendants enjoy the windfall!
Nice one Pete. You sure you're not Thai, thinking like that!!!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:What are you talking about? He's been cremated already the day after death. There is no post-anything. My wife has been in endless visits and talks with his wife over the past 48 hours, they live about 200 meters from us. :banghead: He went from the house to the Wat with no stops in between for any autopsy regardless of the law that apparently says foreigners must have one done. I doubt they even notified the British embassy before his cremation.
Whoops! Cremation the next day is so unusual here that that fact just whooshed by me. Sorry!

It still seems unusually hasty even with COVID involved. I would have thought there would have been many of these super fast cremations by now but I haven't seen any such reports. Have you? Has anyone? Is it included in the emergency decree or any provincial public health announcements?

I don't suppose the British Embassy or Consulate will make any representations about this as it's common belief (based on observation) that they really don't give a damn about most British citizens.

Oh well.

RIP the deceased.

Just as an afterthought, I'd be quite happy if my wife could avoid all the formalities when my time comes. A NZ friend died a few years ago and it took the NZ authorities almost 2 weeks to approve cremation and the bereaved widow was, of course, expected to pay for the body's 'care' during that time.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:44 pm
Nice one Pete. You sure you're not Thai, thinking like that!!!
Uggggh. Yes, way too long. You're not the first to say that. A lot of that though comes from business. If you're not like that in Asia, pack up and go home.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

"Just as an afterthought, I'd be quite happy if my wife could avoid all the formalities when my time comes. A NZ friend died a few years ago and it took the NZ authorities almost 2 weeks to approve cremation and the bereaved widow was, of course, expected to pay for the body's 'care' during that time."

I've been trying, unsuccessfully to get my wife to just pop me into the oven after I die. Forget all the rigamarole, I'm neither Thai nor Buddhist, so why bother? Then she pointed out, that during the period that you lie in state, friends contribute money to the widow. Aha, I see now. A method to the madness.