Covid19 - updates on immigration and visa extensions

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Covid19 - updates on immigration and visa extensions

Post by sateeb »

Ok, then you have no alternative but to report at the HH office. Remember you don't have to do it in person if you think you are at risk.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Blot wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 am Thanks for you reply - My form online just said "rejected"
I had that once and it turned out that I had somehow input my phone number wrong - you’re obviously too late now to do another submission, so it will have to be a visit to the Imm office
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

-Any links to online 90day report site?

-re extension of stay(1 year) do you need proof of income if you ve never touched the original 800k

Much obliged all

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

A bit late in the day, but here's confirmation of immigration at Bluport closing. I'd be surprised if the closed until date isn't extended.

imm.png
imm.png (331.98 KiB) Viewed 667 times
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

thecolonel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:44 pm -Any links to online 90day report site?

-re extension of stay(1 year) do you need proof of income if you ve never touched the original 800k

Much obliged all

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
For 90 day online.
https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

Can't help with your other question.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

If Bluport is closed where is the office that is open. I have never had to do this so have no idea where it is.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thanks but where is that please
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It will change into a map, just click bottom left.

Points 51; Position 21
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

I am viewing it on my phone and it doesn't work. I have not got a laptop with me.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, go to the West End of Soi 88, turn right and its about half a mile on your right.

Points 51; Position 21
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thank you so much!!
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

As I mentioned earlier, after waiting 90 mins in a crowded main Immigration Office with many others in the at risk category, I was ushered away because my proofs of income and letter from Bangkok Bank weren't sufficicient to satisfy the Immigration Officer that I met the financial requirement.
I then had to wait for a further long time in the bank in BluPort to obtain a statement from Bangkok to replicate the same information the bank had already provided, albeit in a slightly different format.
I was due to collect that statement today and of course the bank is closed until 7 April.
On Sunday I celebrated my 73rd birthday and am a person who spent 40 years in UK Government Service, retiring with a half decent pension, and as time goes by I wonder when enough will be enough, as my wife suggests.
I do wonder if some of these Government employees get a kick from being as awkward as possible and compare notes at the end of their shifts.
I can sit back and relax now until the 7th, collect my statements and look forward to the wait at the office with numerous others waiting to see what challenges await me.
Meanwhile thousands of other Immigration Officers around the globe are in the real world.
Rant over
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Extracted from https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... oronavirus

Entry and borders

An Emergency Decree entered into force on 26 March 2020, initially for one month. As part of this, the Thai authorities announced on 25 March that all foreign nationals will be barred from entering Thailand except in certain circumstances (see below). If you do not meet these criteria you should not try to enter Thailand:

Foreign diplomats and their families will be allowed to enter Thailand, but they will need a fit-to-fly health certificate (issued within 72 hours prior to travel) similar to Thai nationals’ and a certification letter issued by the Thai MFA. If suspected of carrying COVID-19, they may be denied entry into the country.

Foreign nationals with work permits in Thailand will be allowed to enter Thailand, but they will need a fit-to-fly health certificate (issued within 72 hours prior to travel). If suspected of carrying COVID-19, they may be denied entry into the country.

Persons who have been exempted by the Prime Minister of Thailand

Pilots and flight attendants – with a fixed travel schedule

Shippers – who have to leave immediately after they have carried out their shipment.

You are advised to keep up to date with the latest information on the websites of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, and the Ministry of Public Health.

Visa extension applications

Due to the uncertain situation the British Embassy is able to issue a letter to support all applications from British Nationals to extend existing visas, if you need this. If you have a tourist visa you do not need the letter for your first extension because you can apply for it at an immigration office.

Transit passengers

On 25 March the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand provided an exemption for transit passengers until 2359 on 31 March, Bangkok time. Until that time, transit passengers will be permitted to transit Thailand if they present a ‘Fit to Fly’ health certificate when checking in and remain in designated Thai airport transit areas (for a maximum period of 24 hours).

Thai authorities may introduce further measures. You can monitor the latest updates from Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health on its website, and refer to their Q&A for travellers.

British nationals in Thailand who wish to return to the the UK, should see Returning to the UK for more information.

MrTea
Amateur
Amateur

Post by MrTea »

Combining two groups of people by closing one office doesn't seem smart to me.