Golden Triangle Elephant Camp

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Golden Triangle Elephant Camp

Post by PeteC »

A bit of a big advertisement for a resort, but plenty of good photos and video that make up for it. Read at link.....

https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/1879 ... tle-giants
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Golden Triangle Elephant Camp

Post by Gregjam »

Looks like a yuppie version of the recognised elephant experiences based in Chiang Mai. No dirty walks through the jungle, a nice wire to separate you and the elephant. Would suit Hi So Thais and others of that ilk for sure but I would imagine a few supporters of the charities looking to the heavens in disgust. While a mention that the elephants may have suffered trauma in the past would indicate that it does something to support in a good way it is basically a commercial venture looking for profit. I did not dig deeper and there may be more goodness behind it but if I feel they will feed on people wanting the elephant experience and can afford their prices.
A family member while visiting us did the 'walking with elephants' experience where you go to the back of beyond, spend time in the mountain following the elephants wherever they want to go, helping prepare their food and generally get a very close up experience. A fraction of the price and the highlight of their stay in Thailand plus, while being a tourist attraction makes it very clear that conservation and care for the elephants is foremost on the agenda.
A case of whatever floats your boat I suppose and better if somebody who would not normally donate to help elephants does so in another way.