Sports affected by Coronavirus

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Sports affected by Coronavirus

Post by dtaai-maai »

No, I think it was below National League level, so even lower than Plymouth...
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

All football in England below the three divisions that make up the National League will end immediately and all results will be expunged.

It means there will be no promotion or relegation in these leagues.

The same will happen in the women's game below the Women's Super League and Championship level.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football

Doesn't affect Championship, L1 and L2
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:44 pm No, I think it was below National League level, so even lower than Plymouth...
Wow!!! Can you get any lower :laugh:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:56 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:44 pm No, I think it was below National League level, so even lower than Plymouth...
Wow!!! Can you get any lower :laugh:
Yeah...Bury..The bent Chairman ran it into the ground, expelled from the League :( :(
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:oops: ..........and what happened to the team and coach? :oops: (Clue, most ended up at Home Park)

Better :offtopic:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

If you're missing your football fix I'm currently binge watching the series All Or Nothing:Manchester City. It follows the team through their quadruple chasing 2017/18 season. Great stuff and I'm a Manc Red. Usual spots for downloading

― George Carlin
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Chinese explorers start Everest climb amid pandemic

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52157968

2 minute video at link of female bikers riding to Everest. It appears to be a short segment of a longer BBC show about their adventures, but I can't find it at present. Maybe on BBC IPlayer?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Hmm thought I read where the government stopped Everest climbs for a while
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

migrant wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 am Hmm thought I read where the government stopped Everest climbs for a while
Not from the China side for Chinese only it appears.... The motorcycle ladies video at the bottom was shot much earlier I think.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Grand National Aintree;
There is a virtual Grand National taking place today for anyone that has been missing a flutter on the Gee-Gees.
Apparently will be shown live on a UK tv channel,and all proceeds,losing bets will be donated by all the bookmakers taking part to the NHS.
Have been unable to upload the item from the general sports news.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thistle wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:54 pm Grand National Aintree;
There is a virtual Grand National taking place today for anyone that has been missing a flutter on the Gee-Gees.
Apparently will be shown live on a UK tv channel,and all proceeds,losing bets will be donated by all the bookmakers taking part to the NHS.
Have been unable to upload the item from the general sports news.
Good idea IMHO - bit of interest for a Saturday afternoon during the lockdown, and will no doubt generate a few quid for the NHS...... I've had a small flutter :thumb:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... al-mystery

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Ms Tigger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ms Tigger »

Virtual Grand National will be shown on ITV from 1700 BST. No doubt my virtual nag will appear wearing virtual headlights!
It's all good :cheers:
Ms Tigger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ms Tigger »

And I got the winner on an each way bet😁
It's all good :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

First of all let's make it clear that I know nothing about football and have never followed it.

However, my son is an avid supporter of Spurs (for his sins). Talking to him last night and he was telling me that Spurs are putting all their non-playing staff on furlough and applying for the 80% salary payment from the government leaving those employees with a 20% cut in wages.

He said that with Billionaire owners and every player being a multi-millionaire, it's disgraceful that they should exploit government funds like this.

"If they choose not to pay their staff whilst still paying themselves huge amounts, then after 30 years, I will not be supporting them anymore!"

Any thoughts from the football followers here?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Liverpool have now reversed the decision they made earlier to do the same as Spurs.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... oronavirus