Seasonal influenza vaccination in Hua Hin?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Seasonal influenza vaccination in Hua Hin?

Post by Hahuahin »

I allow me to ask if anyone on HH forum know if one of the hospitals in Hua Hin have available the recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2020 southern hemisphere influenza season?

In advance thank you.
hahuahin :)
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Re: Seasonal influenza vaccination in Hua Hin?

Post by Hahuahin »

Thanks for the link :) However the missus just now called Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin to get more information and following what they told here the promotion its the vaccine composition for 2018/19 they promote :?
hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I would try Hua Hin Hospital. They normally inject people from around June onwards. They always have the latest version, but 2 things stopped me posting earlier:
  • They probably still have the 2019 injection.
  • You specified '2020 southern hemisphere influenza season'. I don't know if the Thailand version is suitable for the Southern hemisphere.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

The attached link will give a bit more of an explanation was to the differences and why they come about with respect to Influenza vaccinations for norther and southern hemispheres.
Generally the flu season in oz runs from about June to September and normally I will get my annual fluvax in Oz in the earlier part of the year.

Just to be on the safe side (and it was a freebie too! ) my Oz GP recommended a fax for pneumococcal infection

https://www.who.int/ith/vaccines/si_iAh1n1/en/
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Just to be on the safe side (and it was a freebie too! ) my Oz GP recommended a fax for pneumococcal infection
So what do you do with the fax? Eat it, blow your nose with it, or pass it on to somebody that needs it? :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Hahuahin wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:22 pm
Thanks for the link :) However the missus just now called Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin to get more information and following what they told here the promotion its the vaccine composition for 2018/19 they promote :?
hahuahin
Sorry about that. It's not what their link says. However, you should bear in mind that the 2020 vaccine is less of a match than previous years so the protection is reduced. Normally the vaccine gives a protection of up to 60% so I guess this year, that'll be lower.
It's predicted that the 2020 'flu season will be worse than usual.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

0452C89A-1500-44C6-A933-CDA5D5F76CA4.jpeg
0452C89A-1500-44C6-A933-CDA5D5F76CA4.jpeg (175.05 KiB) Viewed 728 times
This is the Flu vaccine I received from Bangkok Hospital in early January.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Nereus wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:10 pm
So what do you do with the fax? Eat it, blow your nose with it, or pass it on to somebody that needs it? :rasta:
Ahhhh! just one of those little whopsies thats spellcheck does on me from time to time, should read tax....Grrr there we go again! Should read Vax!!
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Thank you for the replies. Also contacted the Thai travel clinic in Bangkok today and the replies was that they have the 2020 vaccine for the Northern hemisphere and that they will receive the one for the Southern hemisphere next week!
hahuahin.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Following WHO this is the recommendation for the Southern hemisphere
https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/ ... _south/en/
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 pm I would try Hua Hin Hospital. They normally inject people from around June onwards. They always have the latest version, but 2 things stopped me posting earlier:
  • They probably still have the 2019 injection.
  • You specified '2020 southern hemisphere influenza season'. I don't know if the Thailand version is suitable for the Southern hemisphere.
I don't really know either but this is (link below) what WHO show on their vaccine zones and formulation. I usually have been back home annually each autumn to visit relatives and at the same time updated vaccines and then always got the one for the Northern hemisphere but travelling is not my greatest activity anymore and seldom travel outbound.

https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/ ... 1.jpg?ua=1

https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/ ... 2.pdf?ua=1
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Scout wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:30 pm 0452C89A-1500-44C6-A933-CDA5D5F76CA4.jpeg

This is the Flu vaccine I received from Bangkok Hospital in early January.
If this is noted on the pack then its following WHO correct:

an A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
an A/South Australia/34/2019 (H3N2)-like virus;
a B/Washington/02/2019-like (B/Victoria lineage) virus; and
a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like (B/Yamagata lineage) virus.
RegularGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RegularGuy »

Regarding the northern hemisphere flu vaccine, does anyone know where in Hua Hin that I could get northern flu vaccine? I plan on traveling in October so I would like to get it here before I go.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Most clinics and hospitals will have it. I use Hua Hin Hospital during my routine check-up. The new batch will be available from about June onwards. If you go now, you will receive the previous version of vaccine.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20