Where to buy best lawn turf in HH

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Where to buy best lawn turf in HH

Post by Geko »

I'm looking for a supplier of good quality lawn turf, I can pickup and lay myself?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Where to buy best lawn turf in HH

Post by usual suspect »

The only place I know of..It's only a small place, but have been trading a long time.
OK..Pala U Rd..Go up over the hill, and carry on till you see the 'Artist Village' on your right...
..The small open-fronted stall is somewhere opposite (on your side of the road as you leave town)...You should see the turf stacked up..It may be just before the A.V. or just after..?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

BTW...The shop/stall is right on the roadside
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

One thing I've found, over and over again unfortunately, :( is that if you don't have a good base of top soil the lawn turf can be the best in the world and it won't make much difference in the long run.

I would say a minimum of 6" of good top soil to give the turf the root depth it needs, and to retain water in this climate we have here with months of no rain.

Anything less than that you may make it work, but it takes a huge amount of work, watering, fertilizing, aerating to keep it looking like a proper lawn.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source